2005 Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildey475mag

Reaction score
not to mention how hungry that particular dealer is to sell a car since finding someone with a decent enough credit rating or cash in hand isnt as easy as it was just a few years ago

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to restart an older post. We still haven't gotten a second vehicle as we had a couple things come up. This is STILL for sale and they have only lowered the price to $11998. I emailed them to see what they can do now that it was "sitting" on the lot for awhile when we first looked at it back in october. They should be desperate to sell it now I would think, but this is also a little car lot not a major one....so they might not really care. They haven't updated there ad though because I know it is going to have more than the 118K it had on it back in october.

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Walk in with $10k in hand and be prepared to walk out if they say no. Chances are even if they let you walk out they will call you back if they are motivated. Money talks.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walk in with $10k in hand and be prepared to walk out if they say no. Chances are even if they let you walk out they will call you back if they are motivated. Money talks.

i agree to a point. i think 10k might be a little to low. they would probably let you walk. if you really want the truck, you might need to be willing to spend 11k. just my opinion. :smiley-face-popcorn

ExpyKurt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I payed 11k for my Expy... 2005 XLT 78K on her... and that's the Chicago area, where prices are retarded...

Food for thought.

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well he said that the price he could do was only 11500, because he had to fix the cam phaser sensors for $1600. I tried to talk them down by telling him that he gave us a deal at 11500 with a warranty in october. Still wouldn't move, so I left it at that.
Yesterday he emails me and says its 10998 now (which is what is it on the website) He said the 48 month 48000 mile warranty is 1600 extra, plus the sales tax. I said drop the price to 10400 so I can get everything for $13000 and he pretty much said no and that with just sales tax and no warranty it would be 12071 and that getting it for 4K under retail is a deal. Nada retail is 14050 for it.
It is a 1 owner and when we drove it, it didn't do anything bad. I think we might go back and test drive it again this weekend and if everything checks out go ahead and grab it. All the others that are for sale around the Kansas City area are more expensive and more miles it seems. This has everything the wife wants (sunroof, 3rd row with power is nice, dvd player, bench)

The only other vehicle we are looking at is a 04 explorer limited with about the same miles and the 4.6 V8. The dealer is 3 hours away and they are wanting $9K for it. Nada on it is 11300.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the expedition over the explorer. MPG's are going to be about the same and you get a much bigger and nicer vehicle IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We got around 18 with our other explorer with the 4.6

The ONLY thing the explorer has over the expedtion is the price is lower and it has dual dvd headrest as were the expedtion has only the overhead one. But we also like how the expedition can fold half the 3rd row down as were the explorer the whole thing has to lay down