2007 Blower fan issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bt93

Reaction score
My 07 has 205,000 miles on it and the front blower quit, rear still works. I checked all fuses and relays and all check good. The fan comes on for a split second then stops. I probed the wires to the blower and its getting power. and ideas on what to do next? I searched forever but never found a thread.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Do you have manual controls or the EATC? There are a few threads on here dealing with blower issues. Have you checked for power to the blower once it quits?

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
Just got it sorted out. The resistor was bad but unlike others have experienced it did not revert to wide open fan.

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
Well, i just thought i had it fixed. Now it cycles on and off on high but blows constantly on all other settings.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How does the female connector look that you plugged the new blower speed control module into? Are the 2-3 larger wires soft and pliable, or are they hard and discolored, a sign of heat damage?

9L3Z-19E624-B

My own experience from other Fords, I've learned the lesser expensive resistors (ebay, amazon) fail super quick.

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
How does the female connector look that you plugged the new blower speed control module into? Are the 2-3 larger wires soft and pliable, or are they hard and discolored, a sign of heat damage?

9L3Z-19E624-B

My own experience from other Fords, I've learned the lesser expensive resistors (ebay, amazon) fail super quick.

the Resistor came from oriellys https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...ford/expedition?q=Blower+Motor+Resistor&pos=5. I'm not even certain that its the correct one. wires seem to be in good shape not brittle or disclolored and pins look good too.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Technically the part is a blower motor module - a little electronic box instead of the old style blower motor resistor.
There is usually too much current draw when the motor cycles on & off and set to "high speed". This causes the module to cut power to the motor, let the electronics cool and reset and turn back on.

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
Technically the part is a blower motor module - a little electronic box instead of the old style blower motor resistor.
There is usually too much current draw when the motor cycles on & off and set to "high speed". This causes the module to cut power to the motor, let the electronics cool and reset and turn back on.

Could a worn blower motor cause this? A blower motor with 200k miles on it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205