2007 Blower fan issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robin

Reaction score
I had the same problem same year
I had to buy the part from Ford
The after market ones won't work the new part from Ford has a mod done to it so you don't have to screw with the grounding mod
I bought the part online from a local Ford dealer
It was cheaper online shipped to my house then walking into the dealer and buying it $50.00 cheaper

Richard Mickelson

Reaction score
Blower Control Module (Dual Zone) Just got done replacing defective Module in my 2011. Looking at the old Module I notice that there is some plastic melting around 2 of the terminals causing the module not to work unless I moved the wires around going to it, only then it would work for a day or two... Now after replacing the Module it works just fine on all speeds with the following exception.. The wire that controls the high speed fan only is getting way to hot and most likely will melt the plastic again cause the same issue soon. Why would this wire get so hot and how do I address and fix this problem??
Right now I'm running the blower on the lower speeds only with out any problems.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My guess is your blower motor is going bad. Any motor, whether it be a starter, a fan type motor, what have you, are designed to draw so many amps. If theirs a short in the commutator or field, it's going to go above that number, say 600. When that load gets too high, the 14 gauge or whatever size wire starts to overheat. Push it too far, and your calling the boys at the firehouse.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Richard Mickelson

Reaction score
Can anyone else reply on my post? You might be right 1995moose. Now my fan motor only runs on high speed. Also the high speed wire is real hot to the touch. I don't have any way to check out the amps that it might be drawing. That being said maybe my best bet would be to just replace the motor, it's not a difficult job and sure would be a lot cheaper then taking it to a deal. Does anyone have any further thoughts on this?

OP
OP
bt93

bt93

Reaction score
Richard, Replace the fan module with the OEM ford replacement! works perfect.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well theirs one of 2 ways to fix your problem, 1, diagnose like a journeyman mechanic would, then replace damaged part, or 2, start changing parts untill you get lucky and fix problem. I'm for #1, takes a little longer, but usually comes out cheaper. Remember theirs no shame in having another fix your SUV. Even the best here, don't always want to do certain jobs. That's why we work hard to make money!

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can anyone else reply on my post? You might be right 1995moose. Now my fan motor only runs on high speed. Also the high speed wire is real hot to the touch. I don't have any way to check out the amps that it might be drawing. That being said maybe my best bet would be to just replace the motor, it's not a difficult job and sure would be a lot cheaper then taking it to a deal. Does anyone have any further thoughts on this?

Replace the connector. The new ford version uses solid copper.

Richard Mickelson

Reaction score
FINELY FIXED!! If anyone has this problem in the future replace the fan module with the OEM ford replacement! works perfect. (do not use any after market module) I made that mistake, the after market only worked on high speed.
The correct Motorcraft part number is YH1829-1X, easy to change out in 5 minutes. I found the part online for $54.
Thanks for all the advice from other members.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well there you go. How'd you get to that point? Aftermarket anything is a gamble these days. People that make these parts just don't care. They'd rather call their lawyer, than just make a part that fits and does what it should. Glad you got it right.