2007 Flush and fill? Anyone done it with high miles? PLEASE READ ASAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2007 EB EL with 159k, truck is amazing 0 issues except it had the rumble strip TC issue. Was going to buy until I felt that. Took it back to seller they had it flushed and He now says the issue has been resolved. Great BUT will this last? Has anyone ever done this? Can someone provide me this info please since I am supposed to go back in a few hours and buy, just nervous about the high mile flush. Thank you all in advance.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2007 EB EL with 159k, truck is amazing 0 issues except it had the rumble strip TC issue. Was going to buy until I felt that. Took it back to seller they had it flushed and He now says the issue has been resolved. Great BUT will this last? Has anyone ever done this? Can someone provide me this info please since I am supposed to go back in a few hours and buy, just nervous about the high mile flush. Thank you all in advance.
Make an offer like the problem will return

OP
OP
ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would but I need this to last a couple years. I flipped my old Expy in the snow and need a truck asap but do not want to jump into something because of haste and $ if it will not last. Just poking around to see if anyone did this at such high mileage and was it a success?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flushing the trans at high mileage isn't necessarily a problem, but it can be if the system was in trouble to begin with. Likewise, the flush may fix the TC issue or it may not. You won't know the answer to either until you drive it for a bit. As above, consider lowering your initial offer based on the potential cost of having to replace the TQ.

OP
OP
ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried this dude is already bent cause he ASSUMED the problem was a miss and spent $$ on plugs and coils, then realized it was NOT that and did the flush. LOL I tried he is stuck on his HIGH ass price. meanwhile at local auction I found a clean machine 09 w 100k. I will be bidding on that, light front end hit.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried this dude is already bent cause he ASSUMED the problem was a miss and spent $$ on plugs and coils, then realized it was NOT that and did the flush. LOL I tried he is stuck on his HIGH ass price. meanwhile at local auction I found a clean machine 09 w 100k. I will be bidding on that, light front end hit.
Yea, I would move on.

OP
OP
ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently bought an 07 with 184k miles hat had the TC issue although very minor, put in a tube of Lubegard Shudder Fix and it's fine now.

ty for the info, how many miles since flush?

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d drain and fill since you’ll change the fluid anyway and if new fluid doesn’t help it then try shutter fix. IMO at high miles a drain and fill is a lot safer than a flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze