2007+ Front Window Regulator Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does this also remedy the horrible squeaky sound? I don't seem to have or hear a cable problem, just extremely slow up and down with an obnoxious squeak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does this also remedy the horrible squeaky sound? I don't seem to have or hear a cable problem, just extremely slow up and down with an obnoxious squeak.

No those are usually the window run worn out I have had a few. Before changing it roll the window all the way down and spray the window run channel with silicone spray roll up and down a few times and repeat we have fixed many that way also.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No those are usually the window run worn out I have had a few. Before changing it roll the window all the way down and spray the window run channel with silicone spray roll up and down a few times and repeat we have fixed many that way also.

I have tried that and while it seemed to work, it only lasted a few days. Is there a specific silicone that will last forever?

phydeaux

Reaction score
I had both front window regulators go out within a couple weeks of each other. Both times the cable got chewed up and snapped. To make things even more fun, both replacement regulators had key pieces of plastic snap off the big plastic mounting frame as I was doing the repairs.

On the driver door, it was the top plastic "loop" that held the pin which held the pull handle. It fortunately broke in such a way that I was able to drill a mounting hole and reattach the loop with another screw.

On the passenger door, it was the plastic "C" which held the end of the cable sheath surrounding the pull handle cable. I didn't realize it until a couple weeks later when my daughter tried to open the door from the inside and couldn't. I ended up supergluing the sheath end into the mounting point. So far so good.

OP
OP
M

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have tried that and while it seemed to work, it only lasted a few days. Is there a specific silicone that will last forever?

You can use actual silicone dielectric grease itself and that will last where as the spray may get soaked up.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can use actual silicone dielectric grease itself and that will last where as the spray may get soaked up.

Dielectric grease on a window track? I'm willing to try as long as it doesn't cause more issues or streaks on the window. Will it affect tint at all if I get the grease on it?

OP
OP
M

makuloco2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dielectric grease on a window track? I'm willing to try as long as it doesn't cause more issues or streaks on the window. Will it affect tint at all if I get the grease on it?

In extreme cases yes we use dielectric grease, as stated the real fix is to replace the window run. The dielectric grease should not affect the window tint.