2008 5.4 4WD intermittent P0607 + P2107 codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottRH

Reaction score
Two months ago the 2008 5.4 4WD King Ranch Expy with 186,000 miles started running rough. I have done regular maitenence on her (me and dealer)g. Then it was fine for weeks of routine driving. It came back - CEL on, codes P0607 + P2107.
Changed the throttle body with new Ford (FOMOCO) and "reset" the PCM per battery disconnect trick on YouTube. Ran fine for weeks, confidence high.
Then it shut off on the road near my house. Hmmmm. Decided to use my Leatherman and disconnect the battery, then wait a while. It fired up great and went bee-line home.
Next mornining same codes and CEL. Not taking it on the road as of now.

I have a code reader and breakout box. I have tested the resistance for ~60 ohms and high/low CAN voltage for 2.7/2.3V. - all good, even when it shuts off with CEL + codes. I have yet to look with my Oscilloscope for CAN activity.

Now - it is intermittent. I can let it set and it will run fine around my big property. Then it shuts down with same codes. I have disconnected PCM, throttle body, and accelerator connectors, looked for bend pins and sprayed contact cleaner. When it had been running good have I been looking for wire issues - and doing cable wiggle testing hoping for it to fail - nope.

This vehicle is old, high mileage, and in great shape. It is not a required vehicle so I have the luxury of working it on my time- but damn. I don't want shotgun parts (PCM-expensive, or less expensive), and considering putting it on my flatbed to the dealer.

Any advice is appreciated,

Scott

OP
OP
S

ScottRH

Reaction score
Thanks for all the looks but no relies. This issue is fixed by replacing the PCM and re calibrating the distributed security system with keys in the the instrument console.i