2008 Expy XL tow package fast right turn signal caused???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
28 posts, and I didn't even think about puddle lamps. Yeah another easy thing to check. Be sure their working.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Puddle lamps won't do that, their eventual deaths don't impact other systems

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have checked all bulbs. Headlights (high and low), turn signals (all corners), Parking lights, Third brake light and other brake lights, all inside courtesy lights I can find. No difference. My next attempt is to disconnect battery to see if that is a reset needed. Should this need a computer reset?

Still trying without luck.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Contact cleaner on all sockets and nothing burnt?

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have checked all bulbs. Headlights (high and low), turn signals (all corners), Parking lights, Third brake light and other brake lights, all inside courtesy lights I can find. No difference. My next attempt is to disconnect battery to see if that is a reset needed. Should this need a computer reset?

Still trying without luck.
What happens when you turn on the emergency flasher?

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While checking the front lights I saw a lower air dam that is out of place. It is made of fiber board and has four fasteners. It goes from the frame under the under the radiator to the frame. Looks our of place since nothing lines up. Can't find body parts online that look like it. Maybe front end had damage that wasn't reported and a will fit part added, or something. More strange happenings. Nuts.

Charging camera to get pics. Old school here. No cellphone. Only old computer, and camera. Camera uses old floppy drive. Had to buy external floppy to use camera online. Always the hard way I guess.

Last edited:

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The fact that the mechanic noticed something lose, did something that fixed it, at least for a while, is a major clue. Too bad you couldn't have asked him what he did. Unless it was a total coincidence.

Have you tried turning on the turn signal with sockets removed from the housing and trying to push/wiggle the bulb around, moving/pushing/pulling wire harness while it's flashing to see if you can get a slower flash?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I suggested earlier. So puddle lamps aren't part of the 3 bulb signal on each side? Aren't all 3 wired to the flasher together?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk