2008 Expy XL tow package fast right turn signal caused???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I suggested earlier. So puddle lamps aren't part of the 3 bulb signal on each side? Aren't all 3 wired to the flasher together?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk
The "3 bulb on each side" are The driving light, the front turn signal light and the rear turn signal/brake light and the third brake light? Same for both sides.

It would have been smart to ask which light was "loose" but I didn't. Might pay to go back and see if he remembers which bulb it was.

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, removed bulb cleaned sockets and replaced.

You might just try to swap bulbs side to side. And while you have things apart, turn the signal on and move things around to see if you can maybe find a lose/bad connection.

I was reading in a different forum where they were reporting the same issue... fast flash but bulb wasn't out. He swapped out the entire light assembly (had a spare) and the issue finally went away. Not sure how the light assembly itself could cause a problem since it's plastic.

OP
OP
jimz

jimz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might just try to swap bulbs side to side. And while you have things apart, turn the signal on and move things around to see if you can maybe find a lose/bad connection.

I was reading in a different forum where they were reporting the same issue... fast flash but bulb wasn't out. He swapped out the entire light assembly (had a spare) and the issue finally went away. Not sure how the light assembly itself could cause a problem since it's plastic.

I did have turn signal on with each light socket being moved. Bulb was hot but I used gloves to protect fingers. I even wiggled the wire harness to see what happened. Nothing.

I did read somewhere the bulbs might get loose in the socket so I tried to check for loose bulbs. Nothing.

Next I will try disconnecting battery since there are no warning lights in play. I wondered if having a loose bulb will automatically reset rapid-flash if new connection is made. Maybe mechanic did unhook battery and didn't say anything about that.