2008 V-8 vs. 2016 V-6 on the Road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also comparing the 3 valve 5.4 designed in 2004. Compare it to the 5.4L successor the 6.2L which is 411 horsepower and 434 torque that is a fair comparison of current day figures

Nope. 6.2 will NEVER be available in the Expy. 5.0 would be the Motor that would be the most likely to hit the Expy. The 6.2 is a BEAST, but it also terrible on MPG. It is a good counterpart to the 6.7 for the SD. The discussion from the OP compared the 5.4 to the 3.5TT. I simply brought ACTUAL Dyno to the wheels real world numbers into the discussion.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To avoid long drawn out responses I deleted it about 30 minutes ago LOL. There is a 65 horsepower difference and 55 torque difference.... idk what alternative facts your using that the 5.4 magically loses more power than then EB through the driveline.

Ford bloated the numbers for the 5.4 for the crank numbers. Dyno’s don’t lie. Go look the stock Dyno numbers up for a 5.4. It will make you sad.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. 6.2 will NEVER be available in the Expy. 5.0 would be the Motor that would be the most likely to hit the Expy. The 6.2 is a BEAST, but it also terrible on MPG. It is a good counterpart to the 6.7 for the SD. The discussion from the OP compared the 5.4 to the 3.5TT. I simply brought ACTUAL Dyno to the wheels real world numbers into the discussion.

Are these BOTH stock numbers? There is a 1 second difference 0-60 lol, that doesn’t suggest a 100 hp difference in the least. Either way I’ve driven both in the real world and I prefer the V8 in real world conditions. It can say whatever on paper but bottom line is I don’t like the V6. It guzzles more gas than a big block let alone a 5.4L towing and it just feels lifeless...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are these BOTH stock numbers? There is a 1 second difference 0-60 lol.

Yep. I used MPT’s Dyno sheets for my numbers above, because they were the easiest for me to find. Same Dyno, same procedures. It you look at others stock 5.4 numbers they are all close. Same with 3.5TT 1st Gen.

Yet again we go around and around with you and how crappy the EB motors are. No more discussion out of me. It is useless to argue with anybody who doesn’t actually accept numbers.[emoji849][emoji850]

I never said the 5.4 was a bad Motor, I owned 2 of them, including a 3V. Then I drove a 6.0 PSD, it had its share of issues but I fixed them, and it would run like a scalded dog, and pull a 32 Foot Dual Car Trailer up a mountain like it wasn’t there.

Thanks for the useless discussion...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are these BOTH stock numbers? There is a 1 second difference 0-60 lol, that doesn’t suggest a 100 hp difference in the least. Either way I’ve driven both in the real world and I prefer the V8 in real world conditions. It can say whatever on paper but bottom line is I don’t like the V6. It guzzles more gas than a big block let alone a 5.4L towing and it just feels lifeless...

Yet again averaging numbers in your favor! And editing your post yet again...

2008-2014 average between 8.1-7.9 based on the numbers I find on multiple sites. 2015-2017 all numbers for 4x4 EL’s are 6.5, so 1.5 seconds. That is about 100HP. These are heavy trucks. The new 18’s that are lighter with the 2nd gen 3.5TT are getting under 6.0 0-60 in some configurations from the factory.

Yeah, Those EB Motors are terrible! I just want to go sell it this afternoon!

Well, I got sucked back in again. Crap, let me see if I can ignore your baiting now.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet again averaging numbers in your favor! And editing your post yet again...

2008-2014 average between 8.1-7.9 based on the numbers I find on multiple sites. 2015-2017 all numbers for 4x4 EL’s are 6.5, so 1.5 seconds. That is about 100HP. These are heavy trucks. The new 18’s that are lighter with the 2nd gen 3.5TT are getting under 6.0 0-60 in some configurations from the factory.

Yeah, Those EB Motors are terrible! I just want to go sell it this afternoon!

Well, I got sucked back in again. Crap, let me see if I can ignore your baiting now.

Ford says right on there website a 2007-2014 expy does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds and the 15-17 at 6.5 that is 1 second. They are the ONLY source for these numbers to be correct. You are sourcing incorrect information that works to your favor lol. Dude you sit there and take 30 min to edit your post then get mad when I do mine? It’s a waste of my time to argue with someone who can’t accept the numbers.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ford says right on there website a 2007-2014 expy does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds and the 15-17 at 6.5 that is 1 second. They are the ONLY source for these numbers to be correct. You are sourcing incorrect information that works to your favor lol. Dude you sit there and take 30 min to edit your post then get mad when I do mine? It’s a waste of my time to argue with someone who can’t accept the numbers.

Hahahahahaha accepting the manufactures numbers for 0-60 times!!!! Hahahahahahaha

That right there is HILARIOUS!!!

No, I look at places like MotorTrend and Car & Driver. Sorry, but multiple top notch 3rd party sources are better than the manufacturer.

Sorry, working. Have to make a living to support my EB habit...[emoji23], so yes my replies might be delayed.

PS - I do edit when I make a spelling mistake or miss a word. I do not change the content of the post multiple times like you do, to bend to wherever the discussion is going.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha accepting the manufactures numbers for 0-60 times!!!! Hahahahahahaha

That right there is HILARIOUS!!!

No, I look at places like MotorTrend and Car & Driver. Sorry, but multiple top notch 3rd party sources are better than the manufacturer.

Sorry, working. Have to make a living to support my EB habit...[emoji23], so yes my replies might be delayed.

PS - I do edit when I make a spelling mistake or miss a word. I do not change the content of the post multiple times like you do, to bend to wherever the discussion is going.

And I’ll keep working to buy and fuel my big, better sounding, longer lasting, and vastly superior V8s! Good talk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire