2010 Expy Ext. keyless entry keypad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAR5oh

Reaction score
Anyone had to replace or repair there's? I'm thinking of doing it when I do the run channels and motors. Currently a few of the numbers don't work well. Figured I'd pull it when doing the run channels but wondered if anyone has had success in just cleaning the assembly itself and reinstalling it. I'd rather not spend money on a new assy if I don't have to.

B.

Hayes Riviere

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got around 135k miles on my 2013 Expy, never had any problems with the exterior keypad unless its got ice and snow covering it. You shouldn't need to replace it unless it doesn't work. What do you mean by some of the numbers not working well?

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
If you have time and patience, it can be done. I removed mine and carefully separated the cover from the board. I used a small screw driver to slowly pry it apart. The contacts were tarnished and a little green. I used a rubber eraser and cleaned them up. I re-assembled and it worked again. I put a bead of silicone around seam, to keep moisture out.

XirallicBolts

Reaction score
Desoldering can be a pain but it's not impossible. I had mine apart to replace the green LEDs with white ones. There's eight clips or so on my style so I had to use a few toothpicks to hold clips separated while I worked on the other clips.

edit: Whoops, just cleaning doesn't require desoldering. Forgot which side the LEDs are on.