1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Expedition Blend Door Actuator location

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by whip, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Arcticfrost

Arcticfrost Member

I changed out my passenger blend door actuator on my ‘09. It wasn’t clicking but there was cold air on the passenger when the heat was on. New actuator fixed it.
    The only clicking I get is with dash fan when changing the speed up or down but changing the temp doesn’t click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. whip

whip Member

That list of actuators helps a ton.

Ok I’ve figured out that it’s the panel/defrost/floor one that is on the driver side under the steering wheel. I ordered a new one and took out the old one. I can see that the new one has an arrow pointing toward the open part of the white gear. On the old one however the gear is turned a little so the arrow is not pointing toward the gap in the gear.

Isn’t there a way to recalibrate the actuators so the new one will fit back in the system? Don’t I have to pull a fuse or something?

Again this is a 2011 expedition

Thanks again

3. ManUpOrShutUp

ManUpOrShutUp Full Access Members

Here you go:

Yupster Dog likes this.
  4. whip

whip Member

Ok I followed the instructions to reset the actuators. I thought this would position the female part of the gear to the baseline starting position to match up with the new actuator (which has the arrow pointing toward the keyed part of the male gear). It’s not matched up though...
    The new actuator has the arrow pointing toward the keyed male gear at about the 5-o’clock position.
    The female keyed part of the head is about the 4-o’clock position.
    How is this suppose to work? Do I need to click the ac mode buttons to face/feet/defrost mode or something?

5. Arcticfrost

Arcticfrost Member

When I replaced my passenger blend door actuator there was an arrow on the actuator I bought so I lined up the blend door to match when installing it and it worked fine.