2013 Expedition Remote Start & DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something isn't wrong. Mine was factory ford remote start and it does it.

sounds like your truck has issues then. None of our 12s or 13s turn off when the drivers door is opened and they are all factory. I'm guessing they something up wrong on yours.

OP
OP
D

davehop47

Reaction score
Remote Start

For those of you with remote starters that don't shut off when the door opens, are your vehicles from FORD FLEET if so that is why it's working that way. Ford in their infinite wisdom changes the rules for FLEET cars. The FLEET cars also have DRL's.

I have a printout that came with my Expedition that clearly states that the engine will shut off when the doors, hood,windows are opened.

OP
OP
D

davehop47

Reaction score
Ford DRL

Spoke with my salesman about the DRL's on my expedition not being on, he checked with service and they told him it can't be done. This from Columbus Ohio's largest Ford Dealer. (just throwing this out there, check around all dealer's service departments are not equal)

The salesman is calling Detroit to get to the bottom of this, maybe I will get mine turned on for free or maybe I better not use the service department ever again. hahahaha

tecco

Reaction score
The remote start that shuts off with the door opening is because of the MYKEY function. Since the remote start uses a "KEY" chip to bypass the anti theft aspects, using the remote start would negate any settings of a "MYKey"if someone were using the remote start. To get around this, they kill the engine with the door opening.

Annoying as hell and dealers are "forbidden" to change. ( so I was told) I bet it is because of liability issues.

My 2013 did this, followed the directions from this forum to reprogram the remote start since we do not use the MyKey settings and it works great….It is a code alarm system so it is easy to reprogram.

Dealer says DRLs are programable in most cases but a few will not. They were willing to try for a fee…..seems to me that Ford would want to make this safety function easy to do and user programable….but then again,,,,,,

Just wish the headrests would adjust front to back like they show in the owners videos. Worst headrests of any vehicle i have ever owned….