2015-2017 4Runner vs Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outwardbound

Reaction score
Pretty simple choice: You either support America and American workers or you support the Japanese.
Tundras and Tacomas and Sequioas are made in America. Most Fords are built in Mexico. It's not as simple as buy American anymore. But yes, 4Runners and LCs are made in Japan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tundras and Tacomas and Sequioas are made in America. Most Fords are built in Mexico. It's not as simple as buy American anymore. But yes, 4Runners and LCs are made in Japan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
While that is true, the profit from the sale goes overseas. Ford and GM the profit ends up in Michigan (Dodge ends up in Italy).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While that is true, the profit from the sale goes overseas. Ford and GM the profit ends up in Michigan (Dodge ends up in Italy).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

While this is true to an extent, you also have to look at how much of that profit is reinvested into the American Economy, particular from the standpoint of jobs. Some will argue that Toyota is doing more for America by building here and employing Americans, while American Automakers are putting those dollars back into other countries economies by choosing to build vehicles elsewhere..

Just remember, nothing is as black and white as it seems these days..

Last edited:

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Btw, my Land Cruiser was actually built in Mexico at the then famed Araco plant. They had a reputation for really good build quality. Not anymore, but in 1998 that was a great place to have build your LC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro