2015 EL Platinum worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrStuff

Reaction score
Curious what you ended up doing, klsteele? I'm in a somewhat similar position, looking at '12-17 models or deciding to spend more on an '18. If you read enough on here (or anywhere) you can get scared away from anything! :)

OP
OP
K

klsteele

Reaction score
I passed on it. Unfortunately I’m in a pickle with the negative equity on my car. So finding something that can take on that negative equity is proving to be very challenging.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I passed on it. Unfortunately I’m in a pickle with the negative equity on my car. So finding something that can take on that negative equity is proving to be very challenging.
I would look for new, demo or certified pre-owned. If your credit is good, Ford is doing really cheap low interest financing. My son just bought a new 2023 Ford Explorer and got 0.9% financing. Use your trade-in plus the cash you have on hand. There are a lot of incentives because the 2024s are flooding the lots and the 2023s are sitting. So dealers are motivated. I purchased my Certified pre-owned with warranty from a dealer that was 250 miles away and they delivered it for free.

VCFP153

Reaction score
I would look for new, demo or certified pre-owned. If your credit is good, Ford is doing really cheap low interest financing. My son just bought a new 2023 Ford Explorer and got 0.9% financing. Use your trade-in plus the cash you have on hand. There are a lot of incentives because the 2024s are flooding the lots and the 2023s are sitting. So dealers are motivated. I purchased my Certified pre-owned with warranty from a dealer that was 250 miles away and they delivered it for free.

Interestingly enough, Expeditions are not always eligible for incentives. Case in point, my '24 XL was eligible only for the $500 First Responder rebate but not for the $750 College Grad one. The other issue may be that dealers don't seem to stock very many Expeditions in general...