2015 Ford Expedition ride height and suspension upgrades.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Send pics when its done.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Preview. Started to get dark so no finished pics just a crappy screen grab from my security camera.
Looks a bit funny with factory size tires. Hope to get the 33.5s mounted tomorrow or Thursday.
The factory stuff came out smooth as silk, going back in was quite tricky.
I used jackstands a lift would cut the time in half!!
If using jack stands jack it up as high as you can. I knew the suspension would drop but had to readjust everything to get the wheels back on.
Also do the fronts and the rears separate. Don’t jack up the front and rear at the same time.
254ABC11-BE8A-4384-8D56-F034CC4E8B99.jpeg 01C4E706-8B70-4EF9-AFB3-3C5031638EE0.png

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Preview. Started to get dark so no finished pics just a crappy screen grab from my security camera.
Looks a bit funny with factory size tires. Hope to get the 33.5s mounted tomorrow or Thursday.
The factory stuff came out smooth as silk, going back in was quite tricky.
I used jackstands a lift would cut the time in half!!
If using jack stands jack it up as high as you can. I knew the suspension would drop but had to readjust everything to get the wheels back on.
Also do the fronts and the rears separate. Don’t jack up the front and rear at the same time.
View attachment 29583 View attachment 29584
It looks good! I'll be curious to see if the 33 rub or if you'll have to trim. Definitely send pics when it's done because I'm definitely thinking about doing similar mods in the future.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read the Lifted 3rd Gen thread over and over and over.
The only folks that had to trim were running 35s, 12.5 wide wheels, or had the automatic running boards.
Part of the the reason I stuck with 33s. Also only 11.5” wide and I don’t have automatic running boards.

Tires are being mounted as we speak, so we’ll find out soon enough.

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read the Lifted 3rd Gen thread over and over and over.
The only folks that had to trim were running 35s, 12.5 wide wheels, or had the automatic running boards.
Part of the the reason I stuck with 33s. Also only 11.5” wide and I don’t have automatic running boards.

Tires are being mounted as we speak, so we’ll find out soon enough.
Send pics when it's done. Our Expedition is going to need new tires soon so I've been looking something with a bit more meat

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://www.expeditionforum.com/posts/344321/

I am going to have to drop the struts two notches. I have them at the highest setting and gained 4” from ground to the highest point in the wheel well prior to adding the larger tires.
Ride is really good for the most part. Really large bumps one can tell it is working way too much.
The tires are silly quiet!

Not looking forward to taking it apart again. The fronts were pretty easy to take out and get back in.
Should not take too long this go around. I am trying to cobble together some cash to do the UCAs that will make a big difference too.

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
What is the UAC that you are planning to do?

I get the rears done tonight for the lift although it says 2" lift I only gained about 1.5" but the rest may come when the front is done.

Starting to look at tire options. What did you end up choosing?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the UAC that you are planning to do?

I get the rears done tonight for the lift although it says 2" lift I only gained about 1.5" but the rest may come when the front is done.

Starting to look at tire options. What did you end up choosing?

I am going to go with the BDS UCAs they utilize a beefed up standard type ball joint.
We have the joy of lots road salt use here and my reading found that roadsalt is a menace to uniballs like ICON and Camburg utilize and don’t feel like dropping the extra coin for the ICON Delta Joint.

Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. I was planning on the BFGoodrich KO2s but know a couple folks that have had a bunch of trouble balancing recent tires. Plus they are expensive.
I have yet to find one negative review of the Wildpeak and they have a 55k mile treadlife warranty.
I have not driven mine a whole lot yet as I need to get the front end dropped down which won’t be till Tuesday but so far with the windows up, 3 children doing their thing, and the radio at a normal level here no difference.
Windows down and radio off listening for squeaks and issues from the install there is a very very small hum difference.

OP
OP
Iamsam1117

Iamsam1117

Reaction score
I'll definitely look into them.

I have a feeling the 2015-2017 models are more leveled on the suspension compared to previous models. I finished the install of the 3/2 kit on to find my car not level and sagging in the rump by 1/2"... So I'm working ordering up a 2.5" lift kit for the rear to bring it up level...

That being said the big thing I found today (keep in mind after Ford had it for 3 days and said there was nothing wrong) I found not 1, nor 2, but 3 sizeable boost looks. I'm thinking of doing a write-up how-to because it was so easy and yet again Ford found none of them.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What points did you measure and what were those numbers?