2015 King Ranch 4x4 - Lift, Rims, Tires, Roof Rail?? info needed..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewartsoda

Reaction score
The VIN identifier digit for King Ranch and XLT is shared. I kept getting excited to see a steal-priced KR turn out to be an XLT because the dealer put up the listing from the VIN and not actually looking at the car.

OP
OP
J

Jet225

Reaction score
I have the exact same vehicle, by vin number, as members have commented that it is a marketing thing, but not a real 2015 King Ranch 4x4. I bought at an auction in february in SLC and it was a police unit 83k. It has skid plate and had a cop center console, which I swappped out with a 2017 center console, easy enough except the wiring for usb sync and 12 volt inside box light and usb ports, as wiring colors changed from 2015 to 2017 center console, which I have posted looking for help. Point is mine has no roof rack and I very interested to know for sure if same screw holes of the 2003 would bolt on. At 70 years old would save me a lot of grief if I found a 2003 rack to know it would fit. Mine came with almost new wrangler duratrac 275-65r-18, which almost looks like it is it lifted. I added bull bars to the front for running around in rural nevada, with all the burros, cows, coyotes, and more to lessen any damage that may happen in dark night areas. Again if anyone could help with the console box wiring colors and right usb connection? I have a female full size usb and box has mini usb connector.

I’ll be able to tell you for sure on the roof rack as soon as I locate a 2003 in a junk yard. I don’t have much room to spare in my garage, and I think changing the rack is going to keep help me keep parking inside.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the exact same vehicle, by vin number, as members have commented that it is a marketing thing, but not a real 2015 King Ranch 4x4. I bought at an auction in february in SLC and it was a police unit 83k. It has skid plate and had a cop center console, which I swappped out with a 2017 center console, easy enough except the wiring for usb sync and 12 volt inside box light and usb ports, as wiring colors changed from 2015 to 2017 center console, which I have posted looking for help. Point is mine has no roof rack and I very interested to know for sure if same screw holes of the 2003 would bolt on. At 70 years old would save me a lot of grief if I found a 2003 rack to know it would fit. Mine came with almost new wrangler duratrac 275-65r-18, which almost looks like it is it lifted. I added bull bars to the front for running around in rural nevada, with all the burros, cows, coyotes, and more to lessen any damage that may happen in dark night areas. Again if anyone could help with the console box wiring colors and right usb connection? I have a female full size usb and box has mini usb connector.

Just stick a dual USB cigarette lighter adapter w/ qualcomm quickcharge... they cost like 10 - 15 bucks online and work SO much better vs any builtin USB

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@iamretired what do you have plugging up the holes in the roof? If they're reusable or fancy I'd love to buy them from you. I'm in the middle of doing a custom rack and want to use the originals to mock up the holes.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like original screws from roof rack in roof and silicone. Still looking for a oem used roof rack

Hello iamretired, Are you still looking for a roof rack?
I just removed a black OEM rack from my 2017 Expy XLT. It's complete with side rails, cross bars, plastic trim covers and 12 bolts (8 for front and rear mounts) & (4 bolts with spacers for middle mounts) I'm asking $350 plus shipping

bauer4567

Reaction score
I’ll throw another vote out for the 5 star, 93 octane tune. It picked up my 17 limited in a great way. I can’t say what the HP improvement was as those numbers are always fuzzy, but I can say you feel a big difference when driving. Also, I have a physical boost gauge. Stock pegged at 12 psi, with this tune, it’s a solid 18 psi, maybe 20 at certain rpm bands and it might be my imagination, but it seems like it spikes to 20 for certain gears and not others... but either way, I recommend 5 star!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk