2016 expy Intercoolers and other mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Pdipaolo

Reaction score
That is correct. When the second gen ecoboost motor came out (2015+ F150s and 2018+ Expeditions) the ICs and charge pipe configurations changed. I would look at mishimoto website under 2014 F-150.
Man you’ve been a huge help thanks

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll chime in,

As others have mentioned, I had multiple cylinder misfires on my truck last year while towing my camper across the US. I had changed all my plugs and coil packs for the associated cylinders listed in the code scanner but it didn’t fix the issue and the truck ran terrible. I had just driven through a major elevation and temperature change so I thought maybe there was condensation buildup in the intercooler and even though the problem is supposedly fixed in our ecoboost expeditions I drilled the hole anyway while parked at autozone somewhere in California. Immediate oily juice came out and after two days of the truck running terrible and throwing multiple cylinder misfires, it immediately fixed the issue and I haven’t had it since. I’m 100% convinced we still have a moisture buildup issue in the IC that causes us to have misfires as the spark plugs are essentially “blown out” by the moisture. Solved my problem at that was a year ago. I now have 136,000 miles on my 2015 Ecoboost and haven’t had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ll chime in,

As others have mentioned, I had multiple cylinder misfires on my truck last year while towing my camper across the US. I had changed all my plugs and coil packs for the associated cylinders listed in the code scanner but it didn’t fix the issue and the truck ran terrible. I had just driven through a major elevation and temperature change so I thought maybe there was condensation buildup in the intercooler and even though the problem is supposedly fixed in our ecoboost expeditions I drilled the hole anyway while parked at autozone somewhere in California. Immediate oily juice came out and after two days of the truck running terrible and throwing multiple cylinder misfires, it immediately fixed the issue and I haven’t had it since. I’m 100% convinced we still have a moisture buildup issue in the IC that causes us to have misfires as the spark plugs are essentially “blown out” by the moisture. Solved my problem at that was a year ago. I now have 136,000 miles on my 2015 Ecoboost and haven’t had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
A catch can could also solve that issue...

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off both are wrong, the Wagner IC doesn’t have the option for our BOV so that won’t work at all. Second, the mishimoto IC you posted is for a 2015-2016 f150 which will also not work as it’s different dimensions then our 15-17 expeditions.

Here is the correct one that Ive verified all measurements on with mishimoto for 2015-2017 expeditions. We cannot use 15-17 f150 ICs or charge pipes as the configurations are completely different
https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-f150-ecoboost-intercooler-kit-2011-2014.html