2016 side exit exhaust (rear muffler delete)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is as far as I can get it up without the hangers rattling on the other metal components. Used a universal exhaust hanger on the factory bolts from the old exhaust hangerView attachment 23554paint the pipes black, throw a tip on and it’s done
You can add a chrome tip to it and it should go far enough out so that you won't have any issues.

You can see where the chrome tip extends on my old 05.

summer-2 2016.JPG

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is as far as I can get it up without the hangers rattling on the other metal components. Used a universal exhaust hanger on the factory bolts from the old exhaust hangerView attachment 23554paint the pipes black, throw a tip on and it’s done

That will look great once you get the chrome tip on...well done!

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Excellent...do you have any pics underneath where you put the hanger(s)?

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Excellent...do you have any pics underneath where you put the hanger(s)?
Yes I do. As you can see I went old school and used u clamps instead of welding. I could not convince myself to pay some dude $150+ to weld two pipes together when I could get hangers for $4 each. The big red circle is where the OEM hanger was located. Two smaller ones are where the bolts were that I had to choose from to attach new hanger. I removed that to use the bolts to hold the universal hanger I bought to pull the pipes up as far as I could without them hitting other metal stuff under there. I am looking for some band clamps to replace the u clamps as they are sorta obnoxious but this is fine for now and will be spraying the pipes black after this rain goes away. Can’t see it unless you’re all the way under there5FFA1913-276C-4A5F-B0F7-5C4534DEE48F.jpeg

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments! Who’s next now!?