2016 side exit exhaust (rear muffler delete)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Love the design. Resembles my '07 OEM setup. I did something similar on my '02 Explorer because it melted the tires of a bicycle on a rear carrier. Just a 90° section welded on and cut back in increments until it looked good.

Any way to do this and retain the rear muffler you can see? Not sure I want any "growl" out of this truck, I get my dose of that with intake and exhaust on my little S2000. I kinda like the limousine drive in the biggie where I can actually hear the radio! :)

-- Chuck

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Love the design. Resembles my '07 OEM setup. I did something similar on my '02 Explorer because it melted the tires of a bicycle on a rear carrier. Just a 90° section welded on and cut back in increments until it looked good.

Any way to do this and retain the rear muffler you can see? Not sure I want any "growl" out of this truck, I get my dose of that with intake and exhaust on my little S2000. I kinda like the limousine drive in the biggie where I can actually hear the radio! :)

-- Chuck
So you want a side exit but still have that rear muffler?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

-- Chuck

Your 07 didn’t have a rear muffler, just sayin

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Nice job, and interesting to hear. I prefer a quiet ride, but what you've got there is kind of nice. Nice of you to take the time to post all of this for us....

OP
OP
J Ski

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Sounds like a Buick Grand National - the turbo 3.8 V6 from the 80's. Nice! :D

I too am interested in doing this. Can you post a video of either revving it up when parked or a 0-60 run?
I will after I get over this stomach flu I’ve got

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you do a video of it doing a burn out or a 80-160 mph acceleration, or maybe some midnight drifting to see how it sounds?
:Big Laugh:
Do it! Do it! Do it!

nonsense

Reaction score
Can you do a video of it doing a burn out or a 80-160 mph acceleration, or maybe some midnight drifting to see how it sounds?
:Big Laugh:
Do it! Do it! Do it!

Snow-nuts (though it doesn't look like there's snow around OP's place)