2017 Door Chime/Remote Start not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagodawg

Reaction score
The other day I tried to use my remote start, but it did not work. The horn beeped once and that was it. I unlocked the car and noticed before I could hit the button to start the vehicle, the chime was ringing, like I had left my lights on or something like that. The screens were blank, no information showing up on them. When I got to my destination, I turned the car off and as soon as I did, the chime started immediately. No lights are still on message or anything. I shut the door and lock the vehicle.
I do this process again and same thing. Remote start not working, I just get one honk. Open door, chime starts until I hit the button to start the engine.
Any suggestions? I tried using the other key, same thing. Unplugged the terminals to the battery, let it sit, and it all worked correctly once. I was able to use remote start, but when I got to the destination, same thing. Chime started as soon as I hit the button to turn the vehicle off.

What gives?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The other day I tried to use my remote start, but it did not work. The horn beeped once and that was it. I unlocked the car and noticed before I could hit the button to start the vehicle, the chime was ringing, like I had left my lights on or something like that. The screens were blank, no information showing up on them. When I got to my destination, I turned the car off and as soon as I did, the chime started immediately. No lights are still on message or anything. I shut the door and lock the vehicle.
I do this process again and same thing. Remote start not working, I just get one honk. Open door, chime starts until I hit the button to start the engine.
Any suggestions? I tried using the other key, same thing. Unplugged the terminals to the battery, let it sit, and it all worked correctly once. I was able to use remote start, but when I got to the destination, same thing. Chime started as soon as I hit the button to turn the vehicle off.

What gives?

There have been several posts on this forum regarding the symptoms you described.

The problem was a defective floor shifter assembly unit, which “tricked” the car’s computer into believing that the shifter was not in park. That was the reason for the chime and the inoperative remote start. The other posts stated there was no warning lights or messages.

Replacement of the shift assembly fixed the problem.