2017 EL: blower motor resistor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
I've replaced two of them since January, and the last one I replaced just went out today. I'm using genuine motorcraft part. Just wondering if anyone else is having them same problems.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Millerwelds1

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
Also, it seems to happen when the A/C is on high when starting the truck.

Jeremygsu

Reaction score
Have you taken it to the Dealer for diagnosis? It sounds like something else is causing this to fail repeatedly IMO.

OP
OP
Millerwelds1

Millerwelds1

Reaction score
So I got underneath and saw the wire that was getting hot, cleaned the contacts and plugged it back in, started the truck, turned on the A/C, wiggled the wire a little and it came on and off with different positions, so I agree it is the wire not the resistor. Thank you for the help. I'll be ordering a connector or replacing that wire.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I got underneath and saw the wire that was getting hot, cleaned the contacts and plugged it back in, started the truck, turned on the A/C, wiggled the wire a little and it came on and off with different positions, so I agree it is the wire not the resistor. Thank you for the help. I'll be ordering a connector or replacing that wire.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf