2017 expedition blower motor recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Had blower replaced and blower and when turned to high it vibrates the floor, Its very loud too. Got to turn the radio up to drown out the noise. The dealer says they tried 3 blowers all had the same problem. When set to Hi they vibrated. Sounds like the motor is not balanced right. Anyone else have this problem? Did not bring it to dealer for recall and have a different problem. I`m sure the new Expeditions don`t do this.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had blower replaced and blower and when turned to high it vibrates the floor, Its very loud too. Got to turn the radio up to drown out the noise. The dealer says they tried 3 blowers all had the same problem. When set to Hi they vibrated. Sounds like the motor is not balanced right. Anyone else have this problem? Did not bring it to dealer for recall and have a different problem. I`m sure the new Expeditions don`t do this.

The HVAC front blower motor was replaced last week at my Ford dealer for the recall with the correct, revised part. It is vibration and loud-noise free.

During the recall period, my dealer replaced the front HVAC motor with the (then) service part, as the motor was squeaking at low speeds. That was done at no charge, pending the recall part availability.

The correct part arrived at a my dealer on August 28, 2023. It took one year and one day from the day Ford announced the safety recall.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I thought there was something wrong. just want a good replacement for it. not sure what to do at this point. The dealer doesn`t want to do anymore work to it. I`m sure they didn`t try 3 motors.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I thought there was something wrong. just want a good replacement for it. not sure what to do at this point. The dealer doesn`t want to do anymore work to it. I`m sure they didn`t try 3 motors.

The vibration and loud noise would drive me crazy quickly. It wont’ get better either.

I’d insist the dealer order another recall part, and install it.

Ford allows .5 hour labor to replace the front blower motor on the recall - so they should be willing to replace the new defective motor.

If not, I’d be calling the phone number listed on the recall notice.

Good luck.

rcolston725

Reaction score
I just had my blower replaced last week and noticed the same vibration but took me a couple of days to confirm it was related to the blower only at the 2 highest speeds. They just called me telling me they replaced it today but didnt feel any difference before or after and didnt notice the hum/vibration of the first one. I will pick it up tonight or tomorrow and see if it is still there. Looks like this could be quite frustrating going forward based on this thread.

Paul41

Reaction score
I had my blower motor replaced under the recall, I never had a vibration before or after the replacement.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani