2017 EL: blower motor resistor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calman2k

Reaction score
Had the same problem, you have to replace the wiring harness as well. There are two green looking cables, don’t mix them up.

I only replaced the harness, the resistor was fine. After wiggling the wire (old wire) I could get it to come back on, so I knew it wasn't the resistor.

FORD HAD THE WRONG HARNESS LISTED ON THEIR SYSTEM!!! The Ford guy at the dealer brought out a harness, it was totally the wrong one. I ended up taking a photo of the one I had and tried to get the guy to match it, they had so many options on their system the guy at the counter just gave me a blank look and told me he'd call in a few days after he could match it. Did a short search on Amazon, matched the pics and got the right one there. Installation was a bit of a pain because the car uses different gauge wires, but the harness had all the same gauge wires. Everything works well no, no issues, the new plug is very tight on the pins, old one not so much.

woodmanjc

Reaction score
Help! 2017 Limited, blower motor quit working, resistor and pigtail both showed heat damage, black and melted plastic. Replaced resistor and pigtail, still no blower. Unplugged connector to blower motor and it shows about 14 volts in all fan speeds, but does not run. New blower motor does not run. What am I missing?

Problem resolved, the connector to the resistor was not seating fully, had to remove rubber seal from the bottom of the connector, now it seats fully and blower works.

That blower motor is sure hard to remove and replace, barely enough room for it and not nearly enough room for me to reach it.

Last edited:

vincentrose

Reaction score
I had to replace the resistor and the plug that goes into it, as one of the terminals on the plug was burnt out. Both the plug and resistor were Motorcraft parts

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here,
I had to replace the resistor and the plug that goes into it, as one of the terminals on the plug was burnt out. Both the plug and resistor were Motorcraft parts

Same here, my resister and harness required replacement. Use Motorcraft parts. I tried a cheap resister and my fan speeds were wonky.