2017 rear wiper, a bit of a unicorn...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The6ofus

Reaction score
...at least within my area. According to my local dealer, Autozone, Oreilly’s and Napa, the rear arm changed from ‘16 to ‘17 and then again in ‘18. Every place local to me, including the dealer, said they had two in stock when I called. None of them did! [emoji849]

It took me two hours and finally Oreilly telling me the closest one is in stock is Texas. Well, I’ve never bought wiper blades on Amazon before, until today. Dealer said they’d order me one...for $42 with no ETA!!!

I got two Motorcraft blades for that price on Amazon, due to arrive Thursday. [emoji322]

I feel better now, I guess.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What was it, exactly?

And would the 07 (?) - 15 not fit, or fit but just have less coverage?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do a search for Wipers on here. Many better ways to go as far as the Wiper as the Stock one is CRAP. I have a 17 and had a 15 before that.

I replaced the arm so any standard wiper can be run. Many others have also. Works GREAT and the arm can be moved further away from the glass when you are trying to clean the glass or remove snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What was it, exactly?

They are different. They are like the wiper from the Edge or Explorer or something. I think Ford needed a stop gap replacement to make it to the 18’s. It is part of the reason I went and replaced it all!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was it, exactly?

2007-2010 models have the style where you can replace with any store bought rear wiper. In 2011 they switched to that black one piece thingy.

Douglasf1378

Reaction score
Do a search for Wipers on here. Many better ways to go as far as the Wiper as the Stock one is CRAP. I have a 17 and had a 15 before that.

I replaced the arm so any standard wiper can be run. Many others have also. Works GREAT and the arm can be moved further away from the glass when you are trying to clean the glass or remove snow.

When you did the swap, what was the year, make & model of the vehicle that you got the replacement rear wiper arm from?

Plati

Reaction score
2007-2010 models have the style where you can replace with any store bought rear wiper. In 2011 they switched to that black one piece thingy.
2 piece. One is the arm (whose little plastics nibs break if you change the blade the wrong way) and the blade (which pops in & out of the arm). At least my 2014 is that way.

I have no trouble replacing the blade, you just have to know how & its quite easy.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 piece. One is the arm (whose little plastics nibs break if you change the blade the wrong way) and the blade (which pops in & out of the arm). At least my 2014 is that way.

I have no trouble replacing the blade, you just have to know how & its quite easy.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. My 2007 is a regular steel arm with the loop for regular blades. I always noticed the 11+ looked more like one single piece (all one colored plastic) rather than arm/wiper look.

Plati

Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the clarification. My 2007 is a regular steel arm with the loop for regular blades. I always noticed the 11+ looked more like one single piece (all one colored plastic) rather than arm/wiper look.
Yeah … a lot of folks are confused about that wiper, just wanted the real story out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69