2018 expedition max help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Turned on and said “mode drive sys fault”- then “hill descent control fault” followed by “system trac fault” with a finishing “parking brake malfunction”- it is a 4x4… I was on family trip and had to drive 6 hours with all those warnings popping up…. No check engine light . Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated!

Keith B Morrison

Reaction score
Traded mine in yesterday because of the engine knock that the 2018 has. They gave me $53K for the trade-in and it was a couple miles shy of 60K. And my payments went down $100. My advice...Trade yours in on a new one. You will have to order it, but my dealer guaranteed the trade-in price until the new one arrived.

Last edited:

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of knock? Was it the cam phase rattle noise on start up?

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
Mine did this once. Seemed like a total fluke. Never set codes or found any issues and it never happened again. Check to make sure your battery is good as weird electrical things like that can be the sign of a bad battery