2018 Expedition Max rental

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"Yeah I prefer the shifter on the console that goes back and forth. The position the column shifter is when in drive on my Yukon made it a nice place to rest your arm when playing with the stereo"

I did like the console shifter on my nav and the f150 and it was odd at first but after owning it i dont miss it. Especially since my hand is always down there due to the wireless charger, the shifter would jus get in the way. Btw i def dont see the hybrid tahoe getting better mpgs than my truck. Im avg 18 in mines with majority city driving, hwy 25+ easy. Tahoe was rated 21/20 so i dont see it. And its far less comfy.

OP
OP
metaldrgn

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What current like-vehicle is better, save the Navigator?
I would need to do some research first to really pick others that I like and I haven't done so already because they don't offer anything that is life altering or worth the exorbitant price. The only vehicle I can think of similar that I like the style of is the latest gen Grand Cherokee.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Column shifter for the win, knobs and center console shifters suck. Wasted real estate and a cheap cheesy gimmick to save $$$.

OP
OP
metaldrgn

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"Yeah I prefer the shifter on the console that goes back and forth. The position the column shifter is when in drive on my Yukon made it a nice place to rest your arm when playing with the stereo"

I did like the console shifter on my nav and the f150 and it was odd at first but after owning it i dont miss it. Especially since my hand is always down there due to the wireless charger, the shifter would jus get in the way. Btw i def dont see the hybrid tahoe getting better mpgs than my truck. Im avg 18 in mines with majority city driving, hwy 25+ easy. Tahoe was rated 21/20 so i dont see it. And its far less comfy.
I haven't actually ridden in the 07+ Yukon/Tahoe, but I know my 01 Yukon and 02 Tahoe were comfortable. Also my 03 expedition with cloth seats were surprisingly comfortable. I'm averaging 15.9-17MPG in the city and just for comparison I typically get 14.6-15.6 with my 01 Grand Cherokee under the same driving style. I would say the Tahoe should still get better MPG (city mainly) seeing how it's a hybrid.

Andy C

Reaction score
If you are looking for 7 passenger, all adults to be comfortable for duration of the drive, there are non. Even for family of 5 or 6, fully grown kids to be comfortable for a family trip, there are no vehicles in this class that can accommodate that. 4 people, it’s a toss up. I give some credit to ford engineers in interior design and use of the space, however, they could’ve done bit more. Everyone has different requirements and what they like and not, so I don’t fault OP for sharing his own opinion. If he didn’t like certain things, he is entitled to say that.
It is a review of OP, and he doesn’t have to like it regardless how negative it sounds. I think we could all point to many short comings of this vehicle as we compare to others, but there are no perfect vehicle. People buy it for their own needs and purpose.

Good luck to OP on driving his own vehicle until he can find one that meets his needs and looks. Certain things I don’t agree with OP, but that’s my opinion as well.
OP did say couple of nice things about this vehicle, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since everyone is expressing their opinions on shifters I’ll add mine.... I love the lack of column and console shifter, it frees up so much space! I don’t have the dial but I have the push button and it will be hard for me to go back to a, in my opinion, antiquated physical shifter. They only way I would acquire a vehicle with a physical shifter on the column or console is if it also comes with a clutch pedal.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since everyone is expressing their opinions on shifters I’ll add mine.... I love the lack of column and console shifter, it frees up so much space! I don’t have the dial but I have the push button and it will be hard for me to go back to a, in my opinion, antiquated physical shifter. They only way I would acquire a vehicle with a physical shifter on the column or console is if it also comes with a clutch pedal.

I’m with Artie on this one. I loved the column shifter in my F150, but that’s pretty old school tech (yes, I know, “old school” = “time-tested”).

The dial is cool (I actually like it) but it doesn’t save any space. You don’t have a thing sticking up out of the console, true, but you also can’t make any use of that space. Artie’s dash-mounted push buttons are the only option that save any actual space; the Merc stalk shifter is good in that regard as well.

The dial is gimmicky as it’s only advantage over a lever is appearance. If they wanted to save space the Lincoln buttons would have been the way to go.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We looked at the 2017 Demo with only 11,000 miles & 2018 Expedition Limited. We chose the 2107 because we felt the 2018 looked like a big Explorer. And of course, the great discounts with the Demo helped....lol

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would need to do some research first to really pick others that I like and I haven't done so already because they don't offer anything that is life altering or worth the exorbitant price. The only vehicle I can think of similar that I like the style of is the latest gen Grand Cherokee.

but you said "Even money aside there are many other vehicles I would rather have"