2018 Expedition Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, you are all partly responsible... I am flying to Denver this Tuesday to pick-up a 2018 MAX Limited.

Following another test drive of a 2018 and then sitting in a 2017 Suburban at the same dealership, it was a striking difference in feel. The Suburban has a much smaller, compressed feel. And the 3.5L/10 speed...wow, just wow. Hadn't really planned on a Limited, but this one was priced very close to most XLT, group 202A packages I'd been interested in and is the color combination we want.

View attachment 31545

Looking forward to the 13 hour drive home! Also continued discussions with the forum about Motor Trends #1 rated full size SUV.

Congrats! It's nice to finally come to a conclusion isn't it! I'll be headed to the same airport when mine comes in as well.

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats! It's nice to finally come to a conclusion isn't it! I'll be headed to the same airport when mine comes in as well.

Thanks! Well, the search originally started this past April when, during our migration back from Yuma to MT, the #4 fuel line broke on my Dodge 2500 CTD just outside of Needles, CA. Had to get towed back to Lake Havasu and overnight - and what a stinky mess. You wouldn't believe how fast those things pump fuel out in those situations!

I had been thinking about replacing the Dodge with an F150 as my neighbor had purchased a 2018 with the 3.5L/10 speed and raves about it. Then, my brother visited and we got to ride in his 2017 Expedition EL. I drove it to Scottsdale for the Barrett Jackson show. That got my wife and I thinking - do we really need the truck? Gliding down the freeway in comfort and so much quieter.

We bought the diesel for plan to haul a 5ver back and forth for winter but those plans changed and we just bought a place down there. While in Yuma, my wife drives the truck but really doesn't like to. I haven't yet decided whether I'll hang onto the truck or not, but this will be a much nicer travel car and (River, the yellow lab) can ride back-gun, leaving the rear seats ready for people (golf buddies) to use.