2018 Expedition vs. 2017 Navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cobalt_boater

cobalt_boater

Reaction score
3L = 3.73 Limited Slip = Happy Face
Awesome. Thanks so much FlyBry and everyone. This thread has been a huge help.

I got them down to $50k for this '18 Max Limited with 61k miles, HD Tow Pkg, 22" wheels, sunroof, captains chairs, LED headlights and 360 view cameras. Although that's still pretty steep for pre-covid values, I don't think I'm going to find a much better deal in this market.

The only tricky part left is getting it from St. Louis up here to Northern IL. I want to see it in person before making the deal. They will take a deposit and hold it. So I think the easiest will just be booking a 1-way flight and hopefully driving it back. Wish me luck!

OP
OP
cobalt_boater

cobalt_boater

Reaction score
I called the Ford dealer where it was sold and serviced. Apparently at 50k miles the Timing system failed. The Timing Chain and Water Pump were replaced and the whole top end was rebuilt under warranty. Then the owner traded it in at a Toyota Dealer 10k miles later.

Would this kill the deal for you? The Ford dealer tried to say that this wouldn't concern them because everything was fixed, and now it has a Timing system with only 10k miles on it. I was hoping for a clean history and am now considering passing on this one. Any opinions are appreciated!

Last edited: