2018 lincoln navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://autoweek.com/article/car-rev...gator-first-drive-powerful-quiet-and-advanced

Autoweek released their review and its also very favorable. As artie said, though the ride quality is getting mixed reviews, it seems lowering the trie pressure eleviates the "rough road" ride thats is being criticized. However, they all say the ride is better than the previous navi, which i thought recieved good criticsms for the most part. Its almost like the interior is so good they expect the truck to ride as good and get disappointed that its not the best ride in the market. Its still top of class from the reviews. The 2018 lexus ls500 also got dinged for its ride in some reviews so...

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://autoweek.com/article/car-rev...gator-first-drive-powerful-quiet-and-advanced

Autoweek released their review and its also very favorable. As artie said, though the ride quality is getting mixed reviews, it seems lowering the trie pressure eleviates the "rough road" ride thats is being criticized. However, they all say the ride is better than the previous navi, which i thought recieved good criticsms for the most part. Its almost like the interior is so good they expect the truck to ride as good and get disappointed that its not the best ride in the market. Its still top of class from the reviews. The 2018 lexus ls500 also got dinged for its ride in some reviews so...
When the reviewer mentions the 6000 pound weight of the vehicle I realized that’s 3 flipping tons.... you’re never gonna get a smooth fabulous tight cornering quick braking ride at that weight unless you’re in a Rolls-Royce and even then I think you’re so amazed from the details of the cabin and a little woosy from the purchase price you’re too busy to think about the details of the ride. I’m buying a huge whale of a car, I’m not expecting it to handle like a dolphin.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
unless they really screwed up the CCD system, their reviews are off base, at least for the current expys. we test drove lots before we bought ours and the ccd in luxury was very nice riding, and especially for a 6400 lb getting up.
why would would they lower the tire pressures in a expy with ccd, reviewers are funny i guess

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I'm having trouble figuring out what other manufacturers have that would be in competition with a Bronco and Excursion? There is no segment for either of those types of vehicles. No other manufacturer builds a dedicated off-road SUV and the Suburban is the biggest SUV on the road at 135" wheel base with the EL right behind it. I get the bronco. They've made so much money off the Raptor it makes sense to build a badass SUV. Bringing back the Excursion doesn't make sense. What class would it "compete" in? There wasn't a market for them back then I don't see the market for them in a few years.

As far as the multiple engine options in the F150 goes. You're talking about a completely different class of automobile. There are multiple reasons for different engine options. One major one I can think of is the F150 is a fleet vehicle. A business that buys multiple trucks for whatever reason may not need a 5l V8 in the 5, 10, 20 trucks they buy so a 2.7 Ecoboost makes more sense for numerous reasons. That's just one example. The Expedition has one major use and that's being a comfortable family hauler that can tow if needed and can accomplish some light off-road duty. Its a luxury SUV. Even the XLT comes pretty loaded. It's not a fleet vehicle, or a work vehicle, it's certainly not a truck. Does the multiple engine options make the F150 a better seller in the truck market sure. Would those same options make the Expedition a better seller maybe but I don't think so. The single motor scenario has worked for multiple manufacturers why try to fix something that is t broke. They're finally jumping on the Denali Escalade wagon by offering more power in the Platinum.

Plus if they put a diesel in one that's even more reason not to build an Excursion.

Excursion segment? Easy... guys with tricked out Super Duties who couldn't keep it in their pants, and few years on *suddenly* find themselves surrounded by assorted kids dogs and inlaws, being pressured into trading for a minivan

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
actually, i imagine the only expys with the single speed transfer case will be the gov/fleet ordered vehicles.
base models with no frills.

SSV versions of prior gens generally had all the 4x4 options

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like that blue color better than mine. Not sure I can afford the truck underneath the paint!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Based on the Michigan plates I’m betting that’s one of the training demos that go dealer to dealer for the salesmen to get hands on before their stock shows up. I was on the fence with the blue, I always felt blue and black looked like a bruise... blue vehicle and black tires just don’t always click for me. Depends on the blue though, lighter and brighter I don’t mind. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus