2018 lincoln navigator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No pb...if only ford would put a center armrest in the middle bench seat then it would be near perfection

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like a lot about the Navi but can't get 2 speed transfer case in it. That kills it for me. Will have to get an expedition with all options & retune engine to match the Navi/Raptor. Wish I could get a 4:15 locking axles front & rear as well

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fords 4WD uses braking bias to send power to the wheel with traction pretty much eliminating the need for lockers. It’s not like a standard open diff setup that lets the slipping one spin, the brakes apply to that wheel forcing the one with traction to spin. These trucks perform just as well off road with this system as a Tahoe with a locking rear if not better.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like a lot about the Navi but can't get 2 speed transfer case in it. That kills it for me. Will have to get an expedition with all options & retune engine to match the Navi/Raptor. Wish I could get a 4:15 locking axles front & rear as well

I’m curious as to why you have to have a 2 speed transfer case? Where are you taking your vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A two speed transfer case is a frickin life saver when your in sand or loose terrain. Your getting wayyyy more torque than in high and saves you if your climbing loose ground. The computer also changes all the algorithms and how it applies power and braking bias in 4x4 Low. Quite handy when 4HI won’t cut it, which is often. It ain’t right to have a 4x4 expy if it’s never going to leave the road, it’s what the darn thing is made for. taking out 4x4 low is pretty dumb but it was done years ago on the Navi. Nothing new.

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You get a two speed transfer case with the tow package on the Navigator, this is the exact same way to get it on the Expedition.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure you get a two speed transfer case on the NAVI with the tow package?
Can you supply verification

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A two speed transfer case is a frickin life saver when your in sand or loose terrain. Your getting wayyyy more torque than in high and saves you if your climbing loose ground. The computer also changes all the algorithms and how it applies power and braking bias in 4x4 Low. Quite handy when 4HI won’t cut it, which is often. It ain’t right to have a 4x4 expy if it’s never going to leave the road, it’s what the darn thing is made for. taking out 4x4 low is pretty dumb but it was done years ago on the Navi. Nothing new.
I agree need it here in Arizona

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure you get a two speed transfer case on the NAVI with the tow package?
Can you supply verification
Look at the attached image from the 2018 Navigator order guide under “Packages” in the upper right. I’m pretty sure it’s also listed on the Lincoln build and price site as well. When I ordered my Navi it was clear on the documents the dealership had as well. Hope this helps.

40C63D01-C1A0-40EC-92D9-C548D4FAD81D.jpeg

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the attached image from the 2018 Navigator order guide under “Packages” in the upper right. I’m pretty sure it’s also listed on the Lincoln build and price site as well. When I ordered my Navi it was clear on the documents the dealership had as well. Hope this helps.

View attachment 22010
Thanks
Good to know