2018 Platinum -- Active Noise Control on/off? Fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there's a way to turn on/off the Enhanced Active Noise Control? (I have a 2018 Platinum Max, if it matters.) I'd like to be able to hear the difference between when the system is "working" and when it's not. The vehicle is plenty quiet, but it doesn't seem to be noticeably quieter than my old 2007 EL Limited. So I'd like to confirm it's working. Maybe I can test it by just pulling a fuse? I can't even find the system referenced in my owner's manual.

OP
OP
JoeKnowsFlaHome
Reaction score
True, I’m sure that works. But shouldn’t it be simpler than that? Besides, I don’t have a scanner right now, and this doesn’t seem like “essential business” worth prioritizing. ANC uses the audio system to cancel out the noises, so I’ll just pull the fuse powering the speakers and see if that does anything.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well you asked and that’s the right way to do it and the simplest if you have the plug and a laptop.

You can probably see what is sounds like off by pulling 5 & 28. If that doesn’t work pull 33. If that doesn’t work pull all 3 of them.

https://fuse-box.info/ford/ford-expedition-u553-2018-fuses-and-relay/amp

Another better option is to unplug the ANC microphones. There are 3 of them in the headliner. One above both front row seats and one in between the second row seats. They look like this.

ANC mic.jpg

Pull them out and unplug them then push them back into the holes unplugged it you want it off for good.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
True, I’m sure that works. But shouldn’t it be simpler than that? Besides, I don’t have a scanner right now, and this doesn’t seem like “essential business” worth prioritizing. ANC uses the audio system to cancel out the noises, so I’ll just pull the fuse powering the speakers and see if that does anything.

Curious if you ended up doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JoeKnowsFlaHome
Reaction score
Yes, I pulled the fuses and couldn't tell a difference. In fact, I'm seriously wondering if my 2018 Platinum Max even has the system.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth the steel body panels on your ‘07 Limited are dense and muffle road noise well. I’m sure Ford loaded the Platinum with insulation to help make it quiet though.

Last edited: