2019 Max Platinum back in a year later for Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZPilot

Reaction score
A year almost to the day transmission started doing the same 1 to 3 slam 3 to 5 stutter and so on. Called Ford to schedule as I was close to the 60K at 56.6. Appointment was 6 weeks out typical, but needless to say the rebuilt fix from last time didn't work out well. I know the memory module is likely what caused the issue to begin with, but a year and being so close to the 60K I'm not sure I'll keep it that long after it's repaired. Asked for a new replacement as I don't trust a rebuild will work given that it didn't last time as well as extending the warranty since it's had 2 failures now. I was also upset with the service advisor as he should have setup a rental knowing how long these repairs take but he didn't, so I called ford apparently I have to wait till one is available and am renting on my own dime till then. Haven't heard from the advisor after I gave him an earful the day of drop off. I left it at the dealer Oct. 4th was going to give it a week before calling him.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of the time when transmission repairs involve replacing failed internals, the dealer service departments usually do a decent job of cleaning out the pan and the internals, but not all go the extra mile to flush out the transmission cooler and the fluid lines The simple addition of a serviceable micro-filter in the return line to the transmission would catch any remnants left in what remained of the old fluid, and without one, problems are more likely to arise again.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2019 Expedition and 2021 Explorer were shifting funny. Luckily on both vehicles it was a programming and memory issue. The dealership erased/reset the PCM/ECM memory and installed a new shift algorithm program.
Not only do both vehicles shift better, but I saw an increase in gas mileage and performance. It was very evident on my Expedition as it was pre-owned.
I was told the erase/reset could be done with Forscan and is a good idea to do this when things seem off, because the memory stores driving habits and changes settings accordingly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett