2019 XLT max fx4 ambient lighting replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dj2big

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They replaced it with the current version. The 2020+ only have the Blue LED. They will have to do a little extra leg work to get the correct that includes the multicolor LED.

Thank you I have to take it back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dewey3

Reaction score
Interesting, must be an optional add-on. Our 202A '20 XLT FX4 doesn't have any cup holder lighting. (It does have the usual blue ambient lighting around the controls).

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 19’ and it has all the colors. Funny thing is I always end up picking the blue. Do the new ones still turn the door lights red when opened?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 19’ and it has all the colors. Funny thing is I always end up picking the blue. Do the new ones still turn the door lights red when opened?

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting, must be an optional add-on. Our 202A '20 XLT FX4 doesn't have any cup holder lighting. (It does have the usual blue ambient lighting around the controls).

Correct, you have a 2020. They changed the ambient lighting and what was available throughout the whole lineup. Our 2020 Limited Special Edition with everything only has Blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vincenzo

Reaction score
I just had some warranty work done to my center cup holder and I have ambient lighting can someone confirm if the ambient lighting in the cup holder changes color

From what I thought I remuneres it did change color. It’s only in blue right now so I’m thinking they replaced it with the wrong part number.

I have a 2019 Platinum and it changes color. Front tray where the wireless charging cubby is doesn't though.

OP
OP
dj2big

dj2big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The dealer is said that the current part number does not change colors.

If anyone knows how I can lookup part number for the cup holder let me know.

Thank you.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Thank you.

parts.Ford.com enter your VIN and search until you find the part. It will be a short part number. Then search for the part on dealership sites. They will give you the complete part numbers. Return to parts.Ford.com and search the complete PN. It will say whether or not it fits your VIN.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thank you.

This is on the dealer to return the functionality your vehicle was bought with. They need to contact Ford and figure out what the resolution is and how to get the older part.