2020 XLT AMP Research Power Step install issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWTB0BCAT

Reaction score
I installed my new steps today and everything was going well. Until...I went to open the doors and nothing. Doors retracted when fuse was put in, and then no movement. I called tech support and we disconnected the purple wires from the OBD plug and grounded them. The steps came down and retracted. So they are getting power. I checked the positaps to the OEM OBD port and they seem fine. I checked all plugs, and everything seems to be nice and tight. The last guy I talked to, said it might be a bad OBD on their end, and to get another shipped out.

Does anyone have experience installing these on a 2020 XLT?

This is so frustrating. I now have to get a running start to get in my lifted Expedition until I get this resolved.

OP
OP
SWTB0BCAT

SWTB0BCAT

Reaction score
I installed my new steps today and everything was going well. Until...I went to open the doors and nothing. Doors retracted when fuse was put in, and then no movement. I called tech support and we disconnected the purple wires from the OBD plug and grounded them. The steps came down and retracted. So they are getting power. I checked the positaps to the OEM OBD port and they seem fine. I checked all plugs, and everything seems to be nice and tight. The last guy I talked to, said it might be a bad OBD on their end, and to get another shipped out.

Does anyone have experience installing these on a 2020 XLT?

This is so frustrating. I now have to get a running start to get in my lifted Expedition until I get this resolved.

Got it done. Make sure to analyze the wire colors carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk