2021 Ford Expedition Limited changing 2 row Captain Seats to Bench Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you Red Fox for this valuable info. This means middle seat should have less wires going to it ? But it is still auto-folding, correct ? Can you tell if there are still wires connected to middle seat on the bottom ?
The extra wires under the 2nd row seat could be for each individual seat to show seatbelt use that shows you which seat is in use on drivers instrument cluster. When one of my grandkids (or adult) unbuckle their seat belt it tells you which seat was unbuckled in rows 1 through 3.

kup6

Reaction score
Hello.
Just purchased my 2021 Ford Expedition with 2 row Captain seats. Quickly realized with 1 year old baby we really need 2 row middle seat.
I already found someone who is selling me 2 row 3 bench seats including the middle one, and I am ready to swap, but there are 3 questions there:
1. currently I dont see wires for the middle seat sticking out (for heating and folding / reclining), are they hidden under the carpet ? or do I need to purchase a whole new 2 row seat wiring harness ?
2. are there threaded holes for middle seat bolts under the carpet ?
3. do I need to get a new folding seats button control switch for the rear side panel to be able to operate the newly added seats with the new middle seat?

Please see images attached, first is from youtube video showing vehicle with bench seats, and second image for vehicle with captain seats.

Is anyone out there done this procedure - please share as many details as possible.

Thank you in advance.

Bench seats
View attachment 71608

Captain Seats
View attachment 71609
Did you switch out your bucket seats?
I am looking to do the same but am not that handy. Looking on where to find the bench seat and who can install it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire