2021 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah, and there are a bazillion crevices and spots for water and dirt to build up, at least the cover protects some of that. This makes no sense to me, cost cutting maybe, but a molded foam part doesn't seem to me to be the best bang for the buck if you're cutting out parts. The standard carpeted floor mats probably cost more to manufacture. Maybe its due to all of the new pressure on petroleum, the car is more "Green" by not using petroleum to manufacture the foam cover. J/K.

Also, on the 2021's, pay very close attention to your under carriage. Not sure if you saw the recent F150 issues, but people taking delivery of brand new F150's with large amounts of rust everywhere. I get it, some rust is normal (I don't yet have any visible on a 2019) but some of those pictures of F150's with bolts that look so rusted you probably can't break the nuts off easily, is crazy. I'm wondering if they stopped treating materials in an effort to save build costs (but still sell them for the same price).

mwl001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These days it could simply be a matter of "we can't get these from the supplier". So, hold it on a lot somewhere until we get more, or ship it to a dealer and get it sold. This is a different situation than if say, water pumps or alternators aren't available.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe, but a decent company would at least tell their customers and dealers that hey, this part is not available, please have your customer fill out this form, or web survey, and we'll contact them and ship one out once they are available. Just so far seems like no one knows what's going on. Maybe by design I guess, we all know that would instantly end up on the interwebs and get used against Ford. But I error on the side of educate people for customer service reasons.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
maybe they quietly discovered that's why we've seen a few F150's and Expy's catch on fire in the past few months.

I have my old one if anyone wants one, you'll just need to buy a couple nylon insert nuts if you studs don't have the nuts on them. Just cover reasonable shipping (let me know if interested and I'll try to find a box and see what shipping would cost).

Also, if you're interested, I replaced my original one with the ford performance cover, part number KR7Z6A949A. When I ordered mine, it was around $110 plus shipping, but that could have changed.

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
maybe they quietly discovered that's why we've seen a few F150's and Expy's catch on fire in the past few months.

I have my old one if anyone wants one, you'll just need to buy a couple nylon insert nuts if you studs don't have the nuts on them. Just cover reasonable shipping (let me know if interested and I'll try to find a box and see what shipping would cost).

Also, if you're interested, I replaced my original one with the ford performance cover, part number KR7Z6A949A. When I ordered mine, it was around $110 plus shipping, but that could have changed.

If Ford found out the engine covers were causing fires and didn’t immediately issue a recall they’d be effed.

Curious what a “performance” engine cover does?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said the 2.7, 5.0, and 3.5 are all no longer supplied with an engine cover in the F-150 from what I’ve seen online. It’s not really an essential part...the 6.7 Diesel, 2.7 EcoBoost haven’t had one in a few years now.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Ford found out the engine covers were causing fires and didn’t immediately issue a recall they’d be effed.

Curious what a “performance” engine cover does?

It is the slightly different looking one from the Raptor HO 3.5. Just looks different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is the slightly different looking one from the Raptor HO 3.5. Just looks different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I checked my navigators engine today and it has one. I’ve actually never paid attention to it before other than when I clean the engine bay but that’s just a quick wipe down. It’s actually a pretty substantial piece. Very very thick in certain areas and made out of a dense foam like material. Must be for sound deadening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk