2021 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2021 Expedition max and I noticed that there was no engine cover on it. I called the dealer and they check the 3 others on the lot and none had it. It seems wired that the clips are there for the cover but the stopped putting it on in 21? I also noticed that the dashboard does not display the transmission gears and current gear. Does anyone with a 21 have the same issues?

Thanks Tom

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By default the transmission gears aren’t displayed. Press the “+” button by the drive selector on the center console and that’ll make the gear display appear on the dash.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you say engine cover, are you referring to the plastic cover under the hood over the engine, or the splash guard thing under the engine?

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the gear display tip.... I asked the dealer and none on the lot had it, They were trying to check to see if it was a supply issue. I looked it up online and its 70.00 for the part...it looks like sh*t without it so i guess im buying it....ts

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the gear display tip.... I asked the dealer and none on the lot had it, They were trying to check to see if it was a supply issue. I looked it up online and its 70.00 for the part...it looks like sh*t without it so i guess im buying it....ts
I ‘d bet someone hit their lot and they have missing parts. The engine cover on my 19 is a high temp Foam it’s part of the noise management aspect of the vehicle. I highly doubt it left the factory without it. Someone pilfered it between the factory and you buying it.