2022 Expy announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

battlewagon

Reaction score
So disappointed that the Timberline trim isn't available on the Max! That's the model I've been dreaming of (not that I'd complain about a factory lift too...).
Same here, I was really interested in a Timberline Max. Now that I actually see it, not so much, and I guess it doesn't matter anyway because I want a Max. And now it looks like you can't get the upgraded motor on a platinum. How strange. the Yukon XL AT4 with the 6.2 is looking a lot better now.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Limited Stealth Sport is going to be outshining the Platinum then….why is Ford cannibalizing their platinum trim for Limiteds? I mean 440 horsepower and 510 lb ft with the specialized interior and exterior far outshine some massaging seats. Can you at least option a Platinum or King Ranch with the HO?

stubbspy

Reaction score
Same here, I was really interested in a Timberline Max. Now that I actually see it, not so much, and I guess it doesn't matter anyway because I want a Max. And now it looks like you can't get the upgraded motor on a platinum. How strange. the Yukon XL AT4 with the 6.2 is looking a lot better now.

@battlewagon Yeah, but Chevy's lifter issues and general track record of AFM problems are sufficient to make me only look at the diesel in that platform! Plus I live in Utah so I'd rather a turbo motor for towing at altitude anyway.

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is a shame that you can't get the 440hp on the platinum. What a weird combo of trims

Indeed. If this is in fact true,I won’t be purchasing the Expy and will walk over to the Lincoln dealership. Currently have the Plati and was hoping for a nice power upgrade. Surprised why a top trim wouldn’t get it.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you all notice on the spec sheet the middle engine and the HO engine says it will use 93 octane? That could be incorrect as they currently only require 91. If true, that's a problem. Most locations out west only have 91. I don't think I've seen 93 since we moved out to AZ.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the Limited Stealth Sport is going to be outshining the Platinum then….why is Ford cannibalizing their platinum trim for Limiteds? I mean 440 horsepower and 510 lb ft with the specialized interior and exterior far outshine some massaging seats. Can you at least option a Platinum or King Ranch with the HO?
Would be nice if the HO was available on the Platinum, but nothing a 5 star tune can't fix!

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should be able to get the same HO power on the 85k Platinum trim as the off road version, but I’m sure the folks at Ford’s marketing dept had a good reason for this omission.

And a 5-star tune can fix that, sure, while voiding your 5-yr powertrain warranty on a brand new 85k truck. Great suggestion.

battlewagon

Reaction score
Do we have any reason to think that the phaser or rattle or whatever engine issues have been addressed for 2022?

Molaf

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the Timberline trim of course but the headlamps looks to be a reflector led housing compared to the the projector leds that I have on my Limited.
They are not projectors on the current model either, unless you’re talking about the halogen projectors found on the XLT and non-502a Limited.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should be able to get the same HO power on the 85k Platinum trim as the off road version, but I’m sure the folks at Ford’s marketing dept had a good reason for this omission.

And a 5-star tune can fix that, sure, while voiding your 5-yr powertrain warranty on a brand new 85k truck. Great suggestion.
To each his own. Lots of folks tune their Ecoboost engines.