2022 Price Jump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedish4

Reaction score
Did Ford do a recent price jump on the 22s? When I compare current base MSRP of my XLT order to current it is $1k difference. I ordered in late Jan. Anyone notice this as well?

Cadet7263

Reaction score
Prices have gone up. Mine has gone up almost $3,000 from when I originally ordered it in November. Dealership should honor the original price, since that's the price they ordered it under.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There was a price increase on April 12th and another scheduled for April 22nd. Expedition prices went up on April 12th. My Platinum went up $4,000.00 since I ordered it. I am waiting for my dealer to confirm that my order is price protected. He keeps saying that he has to find out from his manager. Apparently his manager has gone missing.

Here are the items affected for Expeditions on 4/12/22. No increases for the Expeditions in tomorrow's price increase.

Expedition
  • Increase XL series prices $540 MSRP
  • Increase XLT series prices $545 MSRP
  • Increase Timberline series prices $545 MSRP
  • Increase Limited series prices $540 MSRP
  • Increase King Ranch series prices $540 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum series prices $1,040 MSRP
  • Increase 62E Contral Trac with eLSD price $400 MSRP
  • Increase 64C 20 inch Sparkle Silver Aluminum Wheels price $105 MSRP
  • Increase 64E 22 inch 6-Spoke Polished Wheel price $505 MSRP
  • Increase 641 20 inch 6-Spoke Gloss Black Painted Wheel price $105 MSRP
  • Increase PD4 Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat price $100 MSRP
  • Increase PC8 Stone Blue Metallic price $100 MSRP
  • Increase PAB Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat price $100 MSRP
  • Increase PAZ Star White Metallic Tri-Coat price $200 MSRP
  • Increase Destination & Delivery prices $100 MSRP

Cadet7263

Reaction score
There was a price increase on April 12th and another scheduled for April 22nd. Expedition prices went up on April 12th. My Platinum went up $4,000.00 since I ordered it. I am waiting for my dealer to confirm that my order is price protected. He keeps saying that he has to find out from his manager. Apparently his manager has gone missing.

Here are the items affected for Expeditions on 4/12/22. No increases for the Expeditions in tomorrow's price increase.

Expedition
  • Increase XL series prices $540 MSRP
  • Increase XLT series prices $545 MSRP
  • Increase Timberline series prices $545 MSRP
  • Increase Limited series prices $540 MSRP
  • Increase King Ranch series prices $540 MSRP
  • Increase Platinum series prices $1,040 MSRP
  • Increase 62E Contral Trac with eLSD price $400 MSRP
  • Increase 64C 20 inch Sparkle Silver Aluminum Wheels price $105 MSRP
  • Increase 64E 22 inch 6-Spoke Polished Wheel price $505 MSRP
  • Increase 641 20 inch 6-Spoke Gloss Black Painted Wheel price $105 MSRP
  • Increase PD4 Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat price $100 MSRP
  • Increase PC8 Stone Blue Metallic price $100 MSRP
  • Increase PAB Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat price $100 MSRP
  • Increase PAZ Star White Metallic Tri-Coat price $200 MSRP
  • Increase Destination & Delivery prices $100 MSRP
Just so you are aware, I spoke to someone I know at another Ford Dealership. When the dealer puts your order in the system, the price it is at that time is locked in on what they were going to pay for it. So, if they try to get more money out of you, that just means they are trying to make a bigger profit. That's at least what I understand.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just so you are aware, I spoke to someone I know at another Ford Dealership. When the dealer puts your order in the system, the price it is at that time is locked in on what they were going to pay for it. So, if they try to get more money out of you, that just means they are trying to make a bigger profit. That's at least what I understand.
Thanks. People are telling 2 different stories. One, that is, as you say, automatic and prices are locked in at the time the order is accepted, and the other version is that the Dealer has to take the initiative to do some process within the Ford order system in order to Price Protect the order. I hope what you say is true, because this new dealer that I am working with (my original dealer closed) won't lift a finger to do anything.

Last edited:

shanafan

Reaction score
Spoke with my dealer today. Price did go up, but since we ordered before the increase, we are locked into the old price.

He said it went up $2,500.

wannabeMtb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine went up $2500. Order was put in around November thanksgiving. Current build-and-price is $2500 higher. Although my window sticker still displays November price.

But even if I am able to buy now at the lower price, I will lose more than $2500 because of higher financing charges due to higher interest rates

Mxer0022

Reaction score
Just got my sticker yesterday and it was $1,600 more than when I ordered. Talked to my dealer today and they are honoring the price when ordered. Unless you have a crappy dealer this should always be the case.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So they are removing parts with no ETA or if they will be added, and charging more? Ford has lost their minds!!!

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. People are telling 2 different stories. One, that is, as you say, automatic and prices are locked in at the time the order is accepted, and the other version is that the Dealer has to take the initiative to do some process within the Ford order system in order to Price Protect the order. I hope what you say is true, because this new dealer that I am working with (my original dealer closed) won't lift a finger to do anything.
Got a call from the General Manager at the dealership this morning, after I sent a flamer email last night. He said they price protect all of their retail orders

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65