2022 SSP totaled, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdubb

Reaction score
So the 2022 SSP I finally got in September was totaled. Dealer has 2023 in black with the 303 package and added options to pretty much make it the SSP besides engine and red stitching. It also adds CCD and Control Trac 3.73 which I did not have before.
Would you buy again if given the option and if not what would you look at. Cannot go to a higher price bracket, so no Caddy, BMW, Likely not even a Wagoneer as I would want the Obsidian III and that is six figures.

Besides being a victim of the high pitched noise that would not stop until I unhooked the battery, I have enjoyed the B&O system, and the large screen was awesome and I got so used to it. Yukon XL is nice and intriguing, but screen is a decade behind. Not paying $15,000 over MSRP for a Sequoia even if that is my wife’s choice.

let me have it! Thanks

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope you and the family is ok?

As far as options, if the stealth is in your price range, no harm in looking. Also, the ccd will net you a smoother ride than what you had.

You can probably find a yukon or wagoneer for the same price as the expy. The series 2 wagoneer starts around $70k, and the blacked out pkg maybe optional. Also, the base denali with bigger screen starts around $74k, but idk where you'll be able to get that.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hoping all are safe and not injured! Though I do like the Yukon, especially the Denali, I'm not sure I'd make the jump. It just seems "old" to me. I think they are due for an update for 2024, so that be something to think about. Sequoia is nice, but doesn't do it for me, and if the third row doesn't go flat, I'm out.

I'm in the same boat. Not sure what to do. I have another year on my extended warranty. Problem is, there's really nothing out there that I REALLY like. Everything is just meh at best, or stupid expensive or has questionable reliability

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish the wagoneer was designed different from the a pillar back, because the interior is designed and packaged beautifully.

I hate the gm interiors, even the eacalades though it's less bad, but the renovated interiors for the 24s do look promising.

After owning an armada, im surprised how the build quality of it. It def the best feeling fs suv in terms of quality and feel. Its well put together. I havent driven the 22s, but i hear they are near the top in terms of ride and comfort, but the rhird row is small.

The new sequoia looks great, but that's about it. They took away all the practicality of it. It feels smaller I side, took away the sliding 2nd row, less third row and cargo space, bad fuel economy from a hybrid. No thanks.

If ford could tighten the body up some more so it's less shaky and loose feeling, and softened the suspension a bit, it would be perfect. But my nav does ride much better than my expy did.

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat, albeit not in the "my vehicle was just totaled" situation. I love the Toyota brand and capabilities, and the Seqouia in my opinion is one of the best looking large SUV's Toyo has done in a while, it's smaller and less appointed. I love the Wagoneer and Grand W inside, it feels like something over 80k. Simple things, like closing the doors sounds like the cabin is actually closed. You know, sort of like the difference in sound in your house between a solid core door vs. a hollow core? But again, to get either of those well appointed will cost more than the expy and I just can't do that, this thing already cost more than I would have ever in my life expected to pay for a car, let alone an American non-collectors car. I do really like that Jeep will have the new engine in both the regular and grand, 500HP from that thing in the grand, that's nuts.

On another note, Ford seems to be doing another round of price increases, it was confirmed on the Lightning, but I read one article talking about almost all lines going up again. For what? More deletes? Right now I'm just praying I have no major issues, given backorders on just about everything important on these. My wife gets the next vehicle so I'm stuck.

Also, sorry for the wreck, hope everyone is okay!

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure how much space you need, but maybe a slightly used Land Cruiser or LX570 would fit the price point if you're looking for alternatives to the Expy.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the price point youre giving up a lot. I looked at used lx570s, and even 2015s were commanding the same as used 2018 navs, didnt look at lcs becuz lx570s look better to me inside and out. They also don't ride as well, your giving up a lot of passenger space and the tech is lacking. However, your getting a rock solid truck.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the price point youre giving up a lot. I looked at used lx570s, and even 2015s were commanding the same as used 2018 navs, didnt look at lcs becuz lx570s look better to me inside and out. They also don't ride as well, your giving up a lot of passenger space and the tech is lacking. However, your getting a rock solid truck.
Used LC's cost more than LX's, because they are LC's. I shopped them heavily prior to buying my Expy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65