2022 Timberline - Frustrated Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KetMalice

Reaction score
I’m about done with this Expedition. Just had my HVAC module replaced because at 7k miles it got stuck blowing hot full blast. Several little things have gone wrong/broken from the factory.

So the 15.5” screen keeps dying. It’s just black. I have no controls at all with it. There is a service bulletin for it, and this dealership says over half the timberlines it’s seen has had the screens replaced from the service bulletin. The issue I’m having is mine isn’t throwing a code, like even if I take it in to the dealership when the screen is dead, there is no code, so Ford won’t warranty it. I’m not even really sure where to go from here.

1F0C4B00-6C33-4122-AE46-8FA997DB5CAB.png

Attachments

• 21DB18AF-0AC2-4731-81B1-C7B2F5B8E88C.jpeg
    21DB18AF-0AC2-4731-81B1-C7B2F5B8E88C.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 67

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m about done with this Expedition. Just had my HVAC module replaced because at 7k miles it got stuck blowing hot full blast. Several little things have gone wrong/broken from the factory.

So the 15.5” screen keeps dying. It’s just black. I have no controls at all with it. There is a service bulletin for it, and this dealership says over half the timberlines it’s seen has had the screens replaced from the service bulletin. The issue I’m having is mine isn’t throwing a code, like even if I take it in to the dealership when the screen is dead, there is no code, so Ford won’t warranty it. I’m not even really sure where to go from here.

View attachment 75411
Is Ford not warranting it or the dealer?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
People just told me the other day that these 15" screens are more reliable that I claimed.... lol

Skud

Reaction score
I had something like this happen to me the other day - I was driving and the screen froze-up then went black. Designers usually have some way to hard reboot their devices. I thought that since there is only one button for the interface (you can "push" the volume knob) then that's probably it.. I held the volume knob down until the screen rebooted. It probably took 10 seconds or so.

Maybe it was just coincidence, but it got me back up and running.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had something like this happen to me the other day - I was driving and the screen froze-up then went black. Designers usually have some way to hard reboot their devices. I thought that since there is only one button for the interface (you can "push" the volume knob) then that's probably it.. I held the volume knob down until the screen rebooted. It probably took 10 seconds or so.

Maybe it was just coincidence, but it got me back up and running.
The far left button on the wheel (vol down) and the far right (next station). Hold them down at the same time will reboot the screen. I have used this twice when my Nav was not working.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

View attachment 75411

Research the vehicle lemon law in your state to see if your vehicle situation applies. In my state, Ohio, the consumer has the option of a refund or a new vehicle.

OP
OP
K

KetMalice

Reaction score
I’m aware about how to reboot the system, I have to do that regularly as wireless CarPlay crashes all the time and I have to reboot the system to get it to reconnect.

The dealership is saying that it doesn’t meet the requirements Ford has set in the advisory bulletin, because it doesn’t store a fault code. Even though they have literally had eyes on it not working. Basically the dealership isn’t doing anything because Ford won’t pay them to fix it.

Since posting this the passenger headlight assembly as failed( headlight/blinker), the passenger mirror fails 50% of the time to unfold, and the rear passenger window will fail to roll up with “auto”.

90E732D4-D9CA-4765-95D7-0A0C8B585CB4.jpeg

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@KetMalice - again, so sorry for your issues. Trying another dealer may help, often times it really just depends on how the tech/service writer creates the ticket, and what Ford does or doesn't work on. I think one of the issues you'll face though, is like my situation, where the USB ports failed. It took 5 different service trips, each time Ford required the dealer to try one more thing, then another thing, then this thing. Each time there was a 1-4 week delay to get parts. I can't believe your other issues though, headlamp assemblies dying already? That's a safety issue, and in fact you could be ticketed for defective vehicle, etc. They better get on that. Seems like quality is now job 4.