2023 Expedition Limited Max Stealth Edition or Platinium Max

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acars

Reaction score
Hello all,

Could you guys give me some advice on the decision I'm going to make to buy a new expedition?

My main concern is the engine difference between the Limited Steal Edition and the Platinum Edition.

I'm sure there's a difference in performance because the Steal edition has more power and torque, but at the same time I wonder if the ride is conformable on both sides and if the engine is good on the platinum.

Limited is 89k, platinum is 94k. However, the payment is almost the same.

Thanks for any advice

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Assume the Stealth has the performance package. I'm that case then yes, it has quite a bit more HP than the Platinum. Do they both have HD tow? Also remember they the Platinum has Blue Cruise whereas the Limited does not. Depends what you want. More sporty or more luxury.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If go with the Limited Stealth. More power and I personally like the blacked out look...

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd honestly go with platinum. Better on road ride, more creature comforts, better leather and softer seats and the fe is better. The stealth only offers .3 - .4 second quicker 0 to 60, but both are fast. I love the stealth looks though, but platinum is a better value. Depends on what you need though. If ride and luxury isn't important and the payment is cheaper, get the stealth. Some on here also say that it's easier to negotiate deals on platinum than stealths.

Honestly, if you want the stealth engine and you like the looks, a loaded nav is the same price for swb. Lwb reseve 201a is about $99k. The reserve 201a comes with heads up display, vent rear seats, more convenience amenities, and more buttons for the ui.

Last edited:

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im a speed freak and have been for over 50 years. The Stealth Performance package was a no brainer…..so I got a platinum! I hate black interiors which is all you can get with stealth. And Im a pushover for really nice interiors and luxury features the Platinum has.

The torque and HP of the Platinum is very impressive. We towed a 34’ travel trailer a total of 1500 miles recently and lot of it in very hilly terrain. It never lost any speed going up even fairly long and steep grades.

If you like the looks inside and out of the Stealth, then it really is a no brainer. But for what these things cost I wanted to feel like I spent $85,000.

FWIT, The weight distrubuting hitch was not properly set up by my dealer. After this picture i did it myself and it sits better now.
F0EDA456-F6F2-475B-B1BD-56B71D3B6187.jpeg

OP
OP
A

acars

Reaction score
Assume the Stealth has the performance package. I'm that case then yes, it has quite a bit more HP than the Platinum. Do they both have HD tow? Also remember they the Platinum has Blue Cruise whereas the Limited does not. Depends what you want. More sporty or more luxury.
Hi!
They both had HD tow. Blue cruise isn't on the Limited, I didn't notice.

Thank you.

OP
OP
A

acars

Reaction score
I'd honestly go with platinum. Better on road ride, more creature comforts, better leather and softer seats and the fe is better. The stealth only offers .3 - .4 second quicker 0 to 60, but both are fast. I love the stealth looks though, but platinum is a better value. Depends on what you need though. If ride and luxury isn't important and the payment is cheaper, get the stealth. Some on here also say that it's easier to negotiate deals on platinum than stealths.

Honestly, if you want the stealth engine and you like the looks, a loaded nav is the same price for swb. Lwb reseve 201a is about $99k. The reserve 201a comes with heads up display, vent rear seats, more convenience amenities, and more buttons for the ui.
Hi!
I've been driving performance cars for a while now.

My family doesn't like it when I push the car, so I'd rather get something more comfortable.

That's great advice, thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire