2023 Expedition Max (Limited or Plat) or wait for MY24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our family is looking at MY24 Ford Expedition as well. Our current Honda is from 2006 and Lexus from 2005. Way too old and is experiencing issues.
The last 2 redesigns looking at Ford's media website, was 2020 and 2022 (and info was always released at the end of September the year before). If it keeps following the pattern 2024 would be the next redesign. While the 2024 build & price is live, there is no mention of it on the Ford media website, which makes me think they are releasing things little by little to build hype. Also it looks like they just changed 2023 to 2024, and haven't gotten around to updating things yet. I mean BlueCruise 1.2 is out, I seriously doubt the 2024MY Ford Expedition Platinum is only shipping with BlueCruise 1.0 as they claim on the vehicle details.
If I were you, I'd wait and see, at least until the end of September 2023 when they release information about the Expeditions if a redesign is in place. Not that far off now.

OP
OP
P

paramehdic

Reaction score
Also with the 3 row electric SUV slated for 2025 I think that might be the year to take a look at options so probably at least another year out.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If that really is the case with 2025MY redesign, I'd still wait for the 2024 year banks to open before making a choice. If 2024 doesn't have much change, then you'd have a lot more wiggle room to haggle with the dealers on a 2023MY vehicle. Especially at the end of the year when dealerships are trying to meet sales numbers.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our family is probably going for the GMC Yukon XL. Just found out Ford increased BlueCruise to $800 a year. That is insane considering SuperCruise with way more mapped roads only costs $250-$300 a year depending on if you pay monthly or annually. We almost pulled the trigger on the Ford but that kind of subscription cost is a deal breaker.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The subscription maybe less, but the yukon denali ultimate xl (the only trim with Supercruise as far as I remember) is 10k more than an equivalent expy platinum max. The my24 yukons and tahoes haven't even been revealed yet and we don't know how widespread supercruise will be.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah it's true it does cost more, but you can always get the Denali (not ultimate) which is almost the same with no massaging seats (it has SuperCruise as option). We have a friend who can get an 8% corporate discount so, it would end up costing even less than the Ford. Even without the corporate discount we can get, the Expedition Platinums build and the Yukon XL Denali build was only a few thousand apart.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ooh, nice lol. Crazy hownin less than 2 yrs, these trucks jumped almost 10k without any major changes. When I got my my18 expy, I priced out a base platinum for 74k. I did the dame for my22, 82k for the same truck, yet that truck had deletes. I'm afraid to know what the my25 trucks will look like.