2023 RST vs 2023 Expy Stealth (noPP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel26

Reaction score
So I ordered a 2023 Stealth (no PP) and is supposed to be on the line 12/5/22. a while back I ordered a 2023 Tahoe RST Diesel and never thought it would be made this year. I got an email that it is going into production today. So in December I will need to make a decision on the 2. Love the idea of Diesel and the MPG but damn when will these prices go down. The Tahoe I believe looks better on the exterior and has more cargo inside. Love the interior of Expy and the tech blows the Tahoe away but the Tahoes seem more reliable and will be about $3K less than Expy and hear they are revamping Expy next year and would hate to have last year before a full refresh. Would love thoughts from others especially anyone with a 2022 Expy. Thank you all!!

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I ordered a 2023 Stealth (no PP) and is supposed to be on the line 12/5/22. a while back I ordered a 2023 Tahoe RST Diesel and never thought it would be made this year. I got an email that it is going into production today. So in December I will need to make a decision on the 2. Love the idea of Diesel and the MPG but damn when will these prices go down. The Tahoe I believe looks better on the exterior and has more cargo inside. Love the interior of Expy and the tech blows the Tahoe away but the Tahoes seem more reliable and will be about $3K less than Expy and hear they are revamping Expy next year and would hate to have last year before a full refresh. Would love thoughts from others especially anyone with a 2022 Expy. Thank you all!!
There isn't going to be a redesign for 2023. They MIGHT add the PowerBoost but that Is all that is expected. The Expedition will be perfectly reliable and is better in every way compared to the Tahoe.

OP
OP
D

Diesel26

Reaction score
There isn't going to be a redesign for 2023. They MIGHT add the PowerBoost but that Is all that is expected. The Expedition will be perfectly reliable and is better in every way compared to the Tahoe.
I know not in 2023 but heard rumors about a 2024 redesign and don’t know if I want a 2023 model right before a full redesign? Would you mind going a little more into why it is “better in every way”? Just because I know the Cargo is better in Tahoe and the Resale value is better with Tahoe so wondering what else? I know the interior looks more premium in Expy and mpg is better with v6 than v8 but i would be going with diesel. Thank you again for your response.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know not in 2023 but heard rumors about a 2024 redesign and don’t know if I want a 2023 model right before a full redesign? Would you mind going a little more into why it is “better in every way”? Just because I know the Cargo is better in Tahoe and the Resale value is better with Tahoe so wondering what else? I know the interior looks more premium in Expy and mpg is better with v6 than v8 but i would be going with diesel. Thank you again for your response.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The redesigned expy is due in 2024 as a 2025 but those are rumors. It maybe a year off. Until we get spy shots of the new truck, I wouldn't hold my breath. And I also wouldn't expect any changes for my24 either.

As far as the two compared, have you driven them back to back yet? I personally dont like the the Interior of the Tahoe. I have driven a gm without the air suspension(yukon denali swb and lwb), and personally believe the new expy is better in terms of ride, but the gms handle better. With air suspension, it's more even, as the gms are more isolating. Though the Tahoe will be cheaper, I don't know what features will be in it, but the ford usually has more features and less deletes than the gm. The only thing the Tahoe offers is the hud. Yes the tahoe will also have more cargo room as well, but not enough to feel drastically different. Same in terms of people space.

Personally, I would drive them back to back, list out the things I can and can't live without, and use that to see which dealer will get me the best deal. Since both are ordered, you have a better chance of haggling since they won't want to resale it.

OP
OP
D

Diesel26

Reaction score
The redesigned expy is due in 2024 as a 2025 but those are rumors. It maybe a year off. Until we get spy shots of the new truck, I wouldn't hold my breath. And I also wouldn't expect any changes for my24 either.

As far as the two compared, have you driven them back to back yet? I personally dont like the the Interior of the Tahoe. I have driven a gm without the air suspension(yukon denali swb and lwb), and personally believe the new expy is better in terms of ride, but the gms handle better. With air suspension, it's more even, as the gms are more isolating. Though the Tahoe will be cheaper, I don't know what features will be in it, but the ford usually has more features and less deletes than the gm. The only thing the Tahoe offers is the hud. Yes the tahoe will also have more cargo room as well, but not enough to feel drastically different. Same in terms of people space.

Personally, I would drive them back to back, list out the things I can and can't live without, and use that to see which dealer will get me the best deal. Since both are ordered, you have a better chance of haggling since they won't want to resale it.
This is great! Thank you for the comment!!!!!

Speedboosted

Reaction score
I think the newer Tahoe/Yukon's are really nice, but I was behind one last weekend, RST Tahoe, and man the rear suspension sits very low under the car. Not sure if you have any offroad/camping aspirations, but there couldn't of been more than 4" between the bottom of the shock mount and road. I know that wouldn't work for me with the basic forest roads/beach/camping we've done already.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How did go op, what decision did you make?