21B10, 21N08, 21N03 Forscan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you. Its nuts, I'm pretty sure there were more vehicles in for this recall that's not a recall today when I dropped off, then there were on the lot for sale.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't possibly believe that's from the update, maybe the update requires a full ECM/Processor reset, which means your tranny is likely relearning etc, which could cause a drop in MPG. Can anyone describe the "Shudder"? Since I'm getting this update done tomorrow, I'm curious what I need to watch out for. Is it a "shudder" during acceleration? Appreciate any insight.
It is more of a torque convertor shudder than engine shudder. From 3rd to 6th gear, if you are very slow (rpm around 1100-1300) then try to slowly put load on the engine (slight incline for example), then the torque convertor clutch starts to shudder and the driveline vibrates. You can end this shudder event by adding more throttle to force a downshift.

In these situation, the torque convertor clutch should be programmed to disengage, but that will affect the fuel economy rating and adds more trouble for Ford.

DJAucutt

Reaction score
My 2018 Expy (55K) had the 21N03 done last week and so far It appears to have corrected the cam phaser rattle on cold start.
However, I had other issues. While reviewing elsewhere on this site, I read that sometimes the side view mirrors can't seem to find the right setting so they click (until you adjust them using the left-right mirror control buttons). I believe the solution was to reprogram the mirror memory. I figured since the 21N03 requires reprogramming, let's do both. Not so fast. The dealer said the reprogramming for the mirrors requires a diagnostic check which carries a $170 charge. Ultimately, they found that both mirrors needed adjustment. They charged $123 per side (which included the diagnostic charge). If you have some of these annoying but not critical gremlins, get them corrected while under warranty. Nothing is free post warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65