23 Platinum heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kreutz73

Reaction score
Hey all, getting familiar with my new '23 Platinum Max, noticed that the heated steering wheel isn't working. Activiate it via the button on the big screen and the indicator comes on but there's no heat.

I know it was one of those delete items for other ford models and trims, but it wasn't supposed to be on the '23 Platinum... anyone got a '23 with working heated steering wheel?

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the steering wheel is already the heating elements may not activate. There is a temperature feedback on the circuit.

OP
OP
K

Kreutz73

Reaction score
Posting a follow-up. Turns out it was a faulty clock-spring, faulty from new. The part (with heated steering wheel) has been on backorder. First I noticed that the heated wheel didn't work was after remote starting it on the 2nd day I had it. It was cool enough that it turned on heated seats and the heated steering wheel despite me having A/C and ventilated seats on the day before. I had tried it a few times after and it never worked. By memorial day weekend, I started losing other functions on my steering wheel like cruise buttons. Then it failed completely. Horn, airbag, airbag light, all controls and blue cruise and cruise control are gone.

Part LV4Z14A664-B is the one that is supposed to be for Platinum w/heated steering wheel and has no ETA. Might have to try LV4Z14A664-A, the one without heated steering wheel just so I can start to drive again and enjoy bluecruise before the new car smell goes away completely.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL. Funny how someone posts a question and everyone has the answer (which is usually wrong)

Eye42tech

Reaction score
I have a 2023 limited expedition max that has a non working heated steering wheel. Took me 1.5 years to get the SUV. Took possession March 2023. It has been in and out of the service dept for a non working heated steering wheel for over 3 months now. Even the field service engineer is scratching his head. Would be nice if someone could actually find the electrical gremlin!! If they have replaced the clock spring X3 along w/ the actual steering wheel and column I would think the service dept would be smart enough to realize that the issue is not related to those parts so lets move on....very frustrated ford owner!!

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2023 limited expedition max that has a non working heated steering wheel. Took me 1.5 years to get the SUV. Took possession March 2023. It has been in and out of the service dept for a non working heated steering wheel for over 3 months now. Even the field service engineer is scratching his head. Would be nice if someone could actually find the electrical gremlin!! If they have replaced the clock spring X3 along w/ the actual steering wheel and column I would think the service dept would be smart enough to realize that the issue is not related to those parts so lets move on....very frustrated ford owner!!
In fairness to the dealer they have to go by what Ford tells them or they don‘t get reimbursed. I’ve seen that many times.