2nd TPS Failure in 6 Months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright, I'm back. It's been exactly a month since I replaced the TPS sensor (again) with another Ford TPS sensor (again). The expy is firing up in limp mode again. Everything else looks okay. Any thoughts on what could be causing so many TPS faults? Maybe replace the wiring harness this time? I'm able to reset it for a few days by disconnecting the battery and tps for a few minutes and then reconnecting it all. But that's just a band-aid fix.
Do you have a multimeter? How far are you driving in those few days? Watch yourself in how you move the wiring when you disconnect. see if you can keep the wiring in that position to see if it helps. If it happens again check with the multimeter for power/continuity it could be grounding out on something.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. If it's grounding out...then what do I do?
If it is grounding then you can pull harness at module and check that pin at the module. Then the pin in the harness and see if it is grounding there. that will tell you either the module or wire harness.