3.5/2" lift came

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got this bad boy in the mail for my '03 Eddie. 3.5" up front and 2" rear. What should I expect to pay for installation?

6y9ada8y.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do it yourself. It isn't all that difficult at all. If you were closer I'd give ya a hand for a few beers. I'd also purchase a camber and caster kit so you can get your alignment right after the lift. To install, jack the truck up and undo the 3 bolts at the top of the strut mount. Just like the 3 on the lift kit. Use a spring compressor to tighten the spring so you can get the additional clearance, as well as taking tension off of the mount to allow you to spin the top mount to get access to all 3 bolts. I would try installation without removing the bottom strut bolt to see if all this could be done. But from my experience removing my strut assembly many times trying to get the exact stance I wanted, I would try this route before completely removing it. Also if you have air bags you may not need the spring compressor, just deflate the bags. And get an alignment, it will probably be pretty far off.

Victor

OP
OP
R

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do it yourself. It isn't all that difficult at all. If you were closer I'd give ya a hand for a few beers. I'd also purchase a camber and caster kit so you can get your alignment right after the lift. To install, jack the truck up and undo the 3 bolts at the top of the strut mount. Just like the 3 on the lift kit. Use a spring compressor to tighten the spring so you can get the additional clearance, as well as taking tension off of the mount to allow you to spin the top mount to get access to all 3 bolts. I would try installation without removing the bottom strut bolt to see if all this could be done. But from my experience removing my strut assembly many times trying to get the exact stance I wanted, I would try this route before completely removing it. Also if you have air bags you may not need the spring compressor, just deflate the bags. And get an alignment, it will probably be pretty far off.

Victor

I do not have the tools to do this. I talked to my mechanic today and he was saying I probably wouldn't need an alignment. Hm....Will have to see what happens after installation.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i did the fronts on mine and had my mechanic do the back for me as i couldn't get some of the bolts to break loose. I got an alignment done after mine as it was a little bit off. I got my alignment at the tire pros in san dimas. The link below looks like it has a coupon for a 4 wheel alignment for $59.95

San Dimas Tire Pros | Tire Pros

OP
OP
R

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i did the fronts on mine and had my mechanic do the back for me as i couldn't get some of the bolts to break loose. I got an alignment done after mine as it was a little bit off. I got my alignment at the tire pros in san dimas. The link below looks like it has a coupon for a 4 wheel alignment for $59.95

San Dimas Tire Pros | Tire Pros

That's super close to me. Would you be willing to help me install mine? Ill supply the beer if you drink. I like learning to do as much as possible on my truck

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. Jack the front end on stands.
2. Remove the sway bars and end links first.. *Extremely important* This will give you additional controller arm movement to work with.
3. Remove tires.
4. Place jack under lower controller arm and jack up a tad to provide alittle upward pressure on the coilover.
5. Remove the 3 bolts on top of strut..
6. Lower jack.. The strut should drop gracefully.
7. Remove lower bolt on strut and remove the coilover.

reverse to install... also make sure to add a loctite..
:head3:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should ALWAYS get an alignment when you alter the suspension in any way.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

OP
OP
R

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I may be doing the installation with tallsville :)

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Start spraying the bolts with PB Blaster a day or so before you think you'll do the work and it will save you many headaches.

Victor