35W 6000K HID Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am trying to prevent have the glowing orb that drives down the road. I want distance and clarity. Further research says the 6000K will probably be best for what I want. I am not big on the blue look in my headlights.

So it seems like 6000K in the heads/fogs. Then for the radio work and insulation. Boys and their toys man, boys and their toys.

Eric,

If you look at the chart that posted earlier in this thread you can see the actual lumen values for each of the different color temps and wattages. The chart will actually show an idea of the colors. The came right off the box that my HIDs came in.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am trying to prevent have the glowing orb that drives down the road. I want distance and clarity. Further research says the 6000K will probably be best for what I want. I am not big on the blue look in my headlights.

So it seems like 6000K in the heads/fogs. Then for the radio work and insulation. Boys and their toys man, boys and their toys.

6000K is just a HINT of blue...JUST a hint...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
click on link above the 1st pic...I don't know what happened to all my pics...i'll get them all out there one day

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WHat headlights do you have? Im going crazy looking for a set that looks believeable and NOT rice, lol.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the pic with the aftermarket lights are some i bought off ebay...i think they were SPIDER...the lights im running now i bought off ebay as well but are OEM with the amber corner deleted with clear so my turn signal bulb shows...then i sent them off to be retrofitted with CCFL halos and put white/amber switchbacks in for turn signals...my halos come on whenever i turn my parking lights on...and always when headlights come on with auto switch or manually turning the lights on...i'm going to buy another set...black/amber delete and have oracle white/green LED rings put in...since im running green lights every where else

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pictures of my 05 EB with 5k HID lights. They still have a slight hint of blue in them. These are in factory headlight assemblies

7y4adusa.jpgamyqusar.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
OP
OP
eric_in_tx

eric_in_tx

Reaction score
Ok, going to order these for the Expy from the website provided. Need low beam and deiving swap. What are the bulb sizes? Do I need error code eliminators? Lots of boxes to fill in on the order form. Need a cheat sheet lol.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, going to order these for the Expy from the website provided. Need low beam and deiving swap. What are the bulb sizes? Do I need error code eliminators? Lots of boxes to fill in on the order form. Need a cheat sheet lol.

Eric,

I got mine from ZombieSoldier here on the forum for $85 delivered just a month ago with a lifetime warranty. They were plug and Play. Send him a PM