3D printed center console tray - 1st attempt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth21

Reaction score
Pictures of tray below and our 2018 Expy.

I looked at a few of the tray options and thought they were OK but figured I would draw up a custom one and print it out.

It turned out pretty good! I had the quality settings pretty low so it would print faster but still looks good. Made a spot for chap stick, pens, headphones and then just random other ones. I might make another to fill up the front of the console. Seem like another option would be to design some sort of stacking trays or design a deep part of the tray for taller things (or pistols!).

What do you guys think? Any ideas of something I should add ? Should probably cut out some 'grippy' material and put in the bottom of tray

Photo May 15, 5 15 40 PM.jpg Photo May 15, 5 17 04 PM.jpg Photo May 15, 5 27 00 PM.jpg tray.jpg expy.jpg

OP
OP
S

Seth21

Reaction score
If you decide to make a few extra and sell a couple count me in. I think that looks great.

Yeah that could be fun! Could even customize it a bit if there is anything you want a spot for.

One thing I did think about is it might have made sense to print it without the bottom 'floor' of the tray because the console already has a soft material down there that is good at gripping items. But of course, it might be nice for it to be a tray for easy cleaning if something explodes in there.

I'm loading up the expedition to head down to the beach with the family tomorrow but could draw/print a few when I get back.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great, except, I think on this forum, everyone wants room for extra magazines*. And there's already pen holders for two pens under the lid. Do you really need that many more?

*I guess they're all bad shots, 'cause apparently a double stack plus 1 isn't enough...

OP
OP
S

Seth21

Reaction score
Looks great, except, I think on this forum, everyone wants room for extra magazines*. And there's already pen holders for two pens under the lid. Do you really need that many more?

*I guess they're all bad shots, 'cause apparently a double stack plus 1 isn't enough...

haha! I use one of the pen things up top as a flashlight holder and I figured I would lose the other pen so thats why I added a few. Good point though.

Even better point about mags! A few slots for double stack mags would be sick! Or one that fits the outline of a pistol and then maybe has a stackable tray on top of it to conceal it and still have useable space.

OP
OP
S

Seth21

Reaction score
Drawing up an additional version that has mag holders and anything else cool we can think of. Thinking of a design that is a bit taller and is built to go over these 'shoulders' in the bottom of the console.

2019-05-16_14-50-57.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Terry

Reaction score
Yeah I am in on extra mag holders as well. haha. We are heading down the Navarre Beach June 1st. This will be the first trip in the expedition.

OP
OP
S

Seth21

Reaction score
Yeah I am in on extra mag holders as well. haha. We are heading down the Navarre Beach June 1st. This will be the first trip in the expedition.

Oh cool! Same here. I'm going to be sad because I'm at 1800 miles so it will hurt a bit. We have 3 kids all in car seats so that takes up a good amount of space.

Are you a double stack kind of guy? I can go either way (yeah I said it!), I've been carrying single stack alot lately but especially keep an extra mag when I go single.